What's new

What (Dvds) do you plan to buy with your tax refund (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
Cheers Seasons 1 & 2
Good Times Seasons 1 & 2
Half Baked
Hunt for Red October-SE'
Monty Python's Life of Brian-Criterion
Patriot Games-SE
South Park Seasons 2 & 3
St. Elmo's Fire
X2
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory-WS SE
Weird Science - High School Reunion Collection
Star Trek 6:SE
The Good Son
Married With Children Season 2
Rain Man SE
Sanford and Son -Season 4
Splash SE
Starsky and Hutch Season 1
Dear God

Smokey and the Bandit Pursuit Pack
Stuart Little-if I can find the WS version
and a new DVD player,suggestions welcome, (under $300)

titles in BOLD are pre-releases

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
I'm putting the money toward my Best Buy card to pay for the DVD's I've already purchased. By the time I receive the refund it might be time for Homicide S4 so that will be my splurge.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Tax refund? What's that? I actually had to pay taxes to the IRS last year - $500 worth! Grrrrrrrr!!! :angry:

I probably won't see another tax refund until after I'm married. And even then, it'll be deferred to paying for car insurance and not for DVDs. Such is life... :frowning:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
If I'm lucky, I'm going to buy a widescreen TV to watch my existing DVDs on. We'll see. I've no idea what my taxes are going to be like this year. Just got married.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Does a new couch from which to watch DVDs count? My wife and I pooled all of our Chistmas money and will top it off with our tax refund to buy a new couch.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
No DVDs this year, unfortunately. It's all going towards a Dell Inspiron Laptop.

Okay, maybe a couple DVDs:

-Planet of the Apes (anamorphic re-release)
-Ed Wood
-Lost In Translation
-Gilligan's Island (Season 1)

These all come out 2 days after my birthday, so maybe I won't have to spend any part of my refund on them. ;)

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
I rarely get a tax refund, but that's fine with me -- I'd rather earn interest on my money than let the IRS hold it.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Joe, I actually need the IRS to hold my money for me. Otherwise it would be pissed away. This way, I have enough saved up at least once a year to buy something nice that will last. :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The government thanks you for the interest-free loan. Well, actually it doesn't, but it will use your money just the same.:D

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
We are in the process of buying a new house. Now, you might think it would go towards that, but no. I told my wife the only way I was moving was if it had a wall in the living room big enough for a projector screen and she let me have a couple thousand to get a projector. So, that's probably where my tax return is going.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
None. I have to pay for the registration on my 03 Hemi Ram.
Thank god Arnold keeped his canpign promises and repealled the tripling of the resgistration fee or I'd be in trouble.
Still gonna cost me around 700 bucks.

Jeff Webb

Auditioning
None. In these impoverished times of low wages, I need to pay off credit card bills. But if I had a choice, Roger and Me and Bowling for Columbine.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
A couch............!!!!! That's gotta be one heck of a couch!!! It better be "fine Corinithian leather" autographed by Ricardo Montalban.;)

Craig

Second Unit
Unfortunately none, or a least no more than I would usually buy over a given period. I pre-spent my refund on a down payment on a new car, and I've got my eye on a Marshall 6100 guitar amp. Tax refund done been spent, and I don't even have it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks