What's new

What DVD box set would you say is the best produced with most extras? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Get Smart set from last year is the best, most comprehensive set I have ever seen. It put the entire series in one box, with 9 or 10 hours of extras. Yes, Dick Van Dyke and Twilight Zone were also great sets (all by the same DVD producer, BTW), but Get Smart gets the nod as most comprehensive.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
The best sets I have are still MI-5 from the BBC. The BBC in general does a great job on dvd sets, I'd say the Young Indi sets, but as much as I like the historical extras on those sets, I wish there was something, anything, about the actual series.

The Starburst editions of Farscape are also near the top of my list. If we count single releases, I'd say the Battlestar Galactica: Razor release with both the television and extended version with commentary and extras is impressive as well.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
My votes go to (in no particular order):
I Love Lucy
Dick Van Dyke
Seinfeld
Friends
Newsradio

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Just from the sets I own - Twilight Zone would take the top prize. I could only pick a couple nits with the current standard-def "Definitive" release. There's stuff there (extras-wise) I never saw when caretaking the Serling Archives, and the remastering from original elements is fantastic.

Close behind would be The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Have only scratched the surface as far as watching the box; the remastering I've seen is a cut below the TZ box (using "best available" prints - I've seen slight damage here and there); the bonus features are bountiful and delightful. I look forward to things like "The Alexander The Greater Affair" which I understand only aired in its original form once on NBC and once or twice during TNT's cablecasts - was withheld from syndication otherwise.

Now to find the time to watch these goodies through!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The Time Tunnel, which had a Modern Pilot that didn't make it to a full-fledged series, and a Made-for TV Movie (Produced by Irwin Allen) called Time Travelers.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks