What Drew Barrymore movie is this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeEckman, Oct 1, 2002.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

There is a short film that came out in the 80s when Drew Barrymore was alot younger that I think is called the "Screaming Woman". Its about this guy who buried his wife alive in the woods, and Drew's character is a lonely girl who one day is sitting on a swing and hears the woman's screams buried alive.
    I always thought this was part of Cat's Eye, but after watching it for the first time in like 10 years, its not the same story.
    I did a search for "Screaming Woman" on www.imdb.com and found a movie with that exact title with the same plot, but it came out in the very early 70s, so it couldnt have had Drew Barrymore in it.
    I vividly remember this story, yet I cant find anything like it on her filmography.
    Can someone tell me what this is actually called and where/if it is available on DVD?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Darcy Hunter

Darcy Hunter Stunt Coordinator

Mike,
    This is actually from an anthology series from the mid 1980's called Ray Bradbury Theater, or something similar. Another episode had Peter O'Toole I believe.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Darcy nailed it:

"Ray Bradbury Theatre, The" (1985) playing "Heather Leary" in episode: "Screaming Woman, The" (episode # 1.5) 2/22/1986

4. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Oh okay, thanks for the info guys. I knew I wasnt crazy. Was this Ray Bradbury like a Tales from the Cyrpt TV show? Cause if my memory recollects, it was like a 30 minute mini-movie.

Are these shows available on any home video format?