What's new

What dose 350k buy one for 2-Mono Block Amps (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Wavac Audio SH-833 & SH-833MKII

Just to look for fun, about 99% of us, or for those with some very serious disposable income for 2-channel, have a look see..

Many testers, mag writers, & listening highend gods, consider them to be the best Mono Amps in the World, period..

Wavac Audios SH-833 M-Block Amplifiers:
Pic

Site page:
Site info

Dealer & more info:
More info with the MKII version down the page

Crazy :crazy: cash, $350.000 a pair, but hey they fly in and set them up/dial in/etc for you once purchased...

Regards
Geoff ¥

NickSP

Supporting Actor
For that price, they better throw in "Mowing the lawn", "Laundry", etc. while there.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
They are proof that if you take garbage, make it look pretty, and charge accordingly, people will buy it.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Never heard them or seen them in person. Heck never even heard of the brand. The price alone is insane and just proves that someone somewhere is willing to pay for them.

Throw in High End mag praise/glory and add a sprinkly of BS and there you go.

I'm sure they have to sound decent or better, ghesh (for goodness sake they damn well should for the over-priced $$$ charged)!

But, "~{pretty garbage priced accordingly }~" is a bit of a strong statement/opinion Chu.

==>
Care to comment further on that statement, or just let it stand..?

Reading your many differnt posts and linked stuff in many of them, you know much more about exotic gear than I ever will.
==>

If I ever had that kind of money to spend freely, it sure as h+ll would not go their!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Cheers ¥

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I had this to say sometime back on this very same amp. In some parts of the country, I could buy this

a house with a garage to put it in, and still have money left over to buy a pretty kickass HT system. Plus I wouldn't have to have that a$$hole come over and set the thing up.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Chu

Wow missed the Stereofile review and your linked HTF-post and running $350,000 Wavac Lab SH-833 prior thread.

I see allot of things in my future, BUT them Amps ain't one of them.

Agree with you and wished I'd have seen your post threw a search to save the wasted bandwidth on something already posted and discussed...

The posted Amps, 10th anvers addititon SH-833 & SH-833MKII is just a pathecticly waste of $$$ IMO..

Like your thinking and right behing you on a kick car, killer garage, and plenty of moola left for a kick ass Stereo/HT..

Thanks for the link/s
Geoff ¥

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Martin

I thought it was just my very slow connection, (Webt-tv ugg), but alas, it's just a sucky a** site alround.

The Dealers web site that is. :thumbsdown:

Selling electronic gear/cables & only the ~{Best in High End}~, :eek: & on/threw a just awful site. I'd buy from them in blink of an eye, NOT..! :rolleyes

This just keeps getting better and better..;)

Cheers
Geoff ¥

JackS

Supporting Actor
I would need five mono's for my little setup. Does anyone know if there's a discount if you order more than two?

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Jack - please be very careful with such posts. If Wavac or that dealer ever got so much as a sniff that someone posted "I need five" there could be serious consequences...

Ya know, anyone making or selling something like those things might not be the most stable brick on the block. If they ever heard or thought that they could move five of those puppies (and I'm kinda sure there's no quantity discount on stupididity), the results could be disastrous. They might be overcome & have a seizure, or they might start to drool at the prospect of actually selling something (and retiring) and they could slip in their drool, throw out their back, and wind up suing you for pain & suffering. Or in the worst scenario - they could show up at your door!

Even given the price of petrol these days, I'd save my pennies for the car. And I don't "need" two or five of those...

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
If you do, then with each additional one, you'll get an Iron Chef of your choosing to come over. Not only will he make you a meal out of raw squid and fish guts, but he'll use his knives to cut your cables to length. Then you can enjoy your meal and your system with that annoying Japanese actress who's always chowing down with everybody.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Put Bose on the label and you'll sell thousands.:) (probably both are pretty close in price/perfomance ratio)

James

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
OK, so I read every damn word of that Stereophile review, and I feel dirty.

I can't believe that anybody could be paid to write crap like that. I really can't believe anybody would take it seriously.

I think I could write a Stereophile audio equipment review generator. Plug in the name, type, and a quick subjective evaluation (harsh, bright, warm, dull), the fictitious authors "name", and go from there. Really, there seems to be a myriad of stupid catch phrases bantered about which mean nothing. Have a database of old music, which have certain characteristics which can be "rediscovered" (flute solo my ass), add in a bunch of snake oil products (wooden knobs) and processes (cyrogenic freezing), put in a lot of "I don't know why this happens" and "the objective measurements won't show the whole picture", get some poor sap to put his name of said objective observations, hit "Generate", and away you go.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Martin.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yupper Martin
Could not have said it better myself.

Sprinkle with BS to taste..

I stopped my subscription 2 years ago, utter component review reading crap. It's really sad to see this on going in the mag/reviewer business.

I understand a mag/any audio mag needs to make a profit, but year after year it just has gotten worse...

I have actually sat and laughed while reading a prodct review & thinking that I actually payed for this crap to come to my house. Can't even remember when they actually "seriously dished on a piece", always the writer smooths there way out knowing clearly the said product is a lacking pile in some area or more!

Advertising runs most mag reveiws now days, be good or they & others might pull the $$$ plug.

JMO also...
Geoff ¥

Nan H

Agent
wow......wow.. not the amp, the price tag. the amp looks nice but come on, 350 grand, now that's some serious "my stereo's better than your stereo" money.

i know most people buy BOSE stuff because it becomes some status symbol at those cocktail-weenie party's where everybody's impressed because the hostess has bose speakers.
or it becomes something to brag about around the water cooler

now what kind of status would one get from there "snobby" piers by just showing off the receipt of this thing. if i was to spend that kind of money, well, i think i would go the house, sports car and home theater route (like what Chu Gai said)and still have enough left over for a pair of real world tube amps and a fine pair of stereo speakers and half dozen svs subs

but thats just my 3 cents

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Okay -- I smell a business opportunity here.

For only $250,000 I will go to the local car stereo store, buy some pretty box, and stick on a label with a made-up name. I will then go to the local electronics shop, get a 12v 2000W power supply, stick my label on it, and wire the two together with muli-colored spectra-twist ribbon cable.

For no additional charge, I will dump the whole thing in a tank of liquid nitrogen for a week. If it is still in one piece, I will hand deliver it to your house while still cold and plug it in for you.

I offer volume discounts -- 0% on the first one, %5 for two, 10% for three, and so on up to five. (you thought you had me there....) In addition, there is a lifetime guarantee. If it ever breaks in my lifetime, I will personally not give a hoot.

Any takers? No? well, there goes my fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks