What's new

What does your TV viewing list look like? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lemme be more specific. when i was growing up, i went to a private high school and i didn't have a lot of time for TV. now that i'm all growed up (yes, growed up), i went back and revisited many TV series that i wanted to see but didn't have time for. that was one of the reasons i compiled a list of TV series i wanna watch. now when i mention "watch" i don't just mean an episode here and there or my fav. episodes, i mean a list of shows that i wanna watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE EVER MADE =). thus, when DVD became more and more popular, it was perfect timing.

so while i'm still busy w/my life working, studying, etc. i started to catch up last year. not all of the following TV series was on during my HS days. here's the list of TV series that i have finished watching every single ep so far:
Summer/05-Twin Peaks. i only saw glimpses of the show. i still remember how popular it was in the magazines. soap opera moves to night-time =). i hated the ending of s2, though. didn't wrap anything up.
9/05-Babylon5 (including all telefilms). read great raves about it from online SF community. and it was true!
10/05-Buffy&Angle concurrently. read great raves about it from online SF community. and it was true!
11/05-Stargate SG1&SGA, space above&beyond
12/05-finished SG1&SGA. read great raves about it from online SF community. and it was true!
1/05-farscape&peacekeeper wars. read great raves about it from online SF community. and it was true!
2/05-alias. an action film every week, what more could one possibly want =).
3/05-just finished catching up alias over the past weekend.

here's the list of TV series still on my list to complete:
-Smallville. it's supposedly a cross between dawson's creek&superman.
-WOnderfalls. supposed to be witty/charming.
-Nip/Tuck. gross? but lots of sex&violence, yeah!
-XF (i've seen all of s5-9, but missed sporadic monster of the week eps in s2-4). seminal TV series of all time. it's my fav TV series EVER of all time. there hasn't been one to replace it yet. imho, it's the TV series that made current crop of series more film-like. compare TV before and after XF, and there's a HUGE difference.
-All 5 series of Star Trek. i've seen most of TOS, TNG, ENT but not DS9&VOY. got lots of catching up.
-Twilight Zone (Rod Sterling version).
-there's more, i'll update when i get home to check my list.

so, with that in mind, what TV have you seen in the past year (2005) and why? what TV shows are on your 2006 TV show list and why?

the filter i'm placing is that you must be interestd in wathing close to every single episode. you can skip an ep here and there if you've viewed the episode before, but try to stick with shows that you're willing to watch 90% of *ALL* episodes.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm not certain if I understand the thread question, but here's my list of TV/DVD's that are "in progress". I don't watch any current TV series. The last series that I watched as it was aired was back in '96. I borrowed "Firefly" from my nephew and that's the most current one that I'm watching.

A TEAM SEASON 3
ADAM-12 SEASON 1
BEWITCHED SEASON 1
BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON SEASON 1
COLUMBO SEASON 2
COMBAT! SEASON 3
DALLAS SEASON 3
DICK VAN DYKE COMPLETE SERIES
EARTH 2 COMPLETE SERIES
FANTASY ISLAND SEASON 1
FIREFLY
FLINTSTONES SEASON 2
GREEN ACRES SEASON 1
HILL STREET BLUES SEASON 1
HOGAN'S HEROES SEASON 1
JETSONS SEASON 1
JONNY QUEST SEASON 1
LOIS AND CLARK SEASON 1
LOONEY TUNES VOL 1
LOST IN SPACE SEASON 1
McCLOUD SEASON 1 & 2
MIKE HAMMER (1997)
MOONLIGHTING SEASON 1 & 2
MURDER SHE WROTE SEASON 1
NEW AVENGERS SEASON 2
OUTER LIMITS SEASON 1
PRETENDER SEASON 1
RAT PATROL SEASON 1
RIFLEMAN SET 2
ROCKFORD FILES SEASON 1
SECRET AGENT MEGASET
TABITHA SEASON 1
TAXI SEASON 1
TIME TUNNEL VOL 1
TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT SEASON 1
TWILIGHT ZONE SEASON 2
VOYAGE TO BOTTOM OF SEA V1
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE SEASON 1
YOGI BEAR SEASON 1

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In progress, as in ones started and not finished? Only a couple...

Queer as Folk S2 I (already watched, watching again with the boyfriend)
Buffy S3 (with the boyfriend)
Firefly (with the boyfriend)
Sports Night
Batman: TAS V2
Justice League S1
Teen Titans S1
Seinfeld S4 (with the boyfriend)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
jeff, did you even read the thread before posting? have you seen every single episode or plan to finish watching those series when it comes out?

jason, every single episode right? buffy really needs to be watched with angel (david b is really sexay! :D. if you're starting s3 of buffy you can start watching angel concurrently. in fact, some of the eps tie in together. check out buffverse.com's forum, thre's a list of how you can watch both concurrently in order.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Well, I read your post too and that's just how I would have intrepreted it. More clarity, less verbiage, I say.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Yep, every single episode.

We're near the end of S3 right now...I'm not going to start Angel because a) we don't have the series and b) we've got too much other stuff in progress to start something new.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
But let me try:

Shows I've seen every episode available on DVD:

Buffy
Angel
Firefly
The Sopranos (Will pick up S6 whenever it becomes available.)
Alias (Will pick up S5 whenever it becomes available.)
Profit

Shows where I have every episode available on DVD on my shelf and I'll get to in the next couple of months:

Lost (Just haven't gotten to it yet.)
The Shield (I loved S1, have purchased S2, S3 and S4 but haven't watched them yet.)

Shows I'm in the process of watching but don't have every episode available on DVD and may or may not get to them eventually because the jury's still out:

Smallville (I'm currently finishing up S3 and I've finally gotten so frustrated with it that I'm thinking of giving up on it after this one.)
The West Wing (One season at a time. I've seen the first three and just purchased S4.)
La Femme Nikita (I loved S1 but can't justify the purchase price for further seasons.)

Shows I have watched at least the first season of on DVD and don't plan to ever purchase any subsequent seasons:

Seinfeld (Sitcoms just don't do it for me, not even this one. Getting through the first volume with S1 and S2 was a chore.)
Moonlighting (Great show, but the first volume with S1 and S2 is enough. Might eventually pick up S3, but I doubt it.)
Oz (Loved S1, hated S2.)
Lois & Clark (A terrible show. I had to force myself to watch the entire S1.)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
to simplify things,

list the shows that you've seen every single episode of in 2005 as well as shows that is on your list for 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks