1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

What does this sound like?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    On my current system my display is a 20 inch Sony Trinitron TV. It has ben a good tv for the last 5-6 years but lately I've been noticing something odd going on it with it mainly when watching cable but also a little bit on dark backgrounds on videogames never with DVDs though.Mainly on cable I notice many a times that it seems as though very slighty you will see like the outline of an image (ie: the outline of a person on screen) is outlined by the same thing it also happens with TV logos, it happens alot with the Bowflex commercials on that all white background you'll see a very slight outline of the excersise equipment to the side of the real image. On a particular instance I noticed this on a videogame, when the character jumped a thin dark line went with him against the dark background. Unfortunately I do not have pictures of what I'm talking about so the best I can do is describe it, from what I describe does this sound like burn in? it is important to note this never happens on DVDs only on cable and videogames (I've only seen this happen on my SNES which is plugged in through composite cables.) The DVD player is plugged in through composite as well. What is this phenomena just the piss poor quality of cable or something else? thanks.

2. LorenzoD

LorenzoD Agent

I think you're referring to what is known as "ghosting". In my experience. it's usually caused by a faulty cable or a weak video signal.