What's new

What does this mean, exactly? (1 Viewer)

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
I was in BB today buying some DVD's and decided I need a new DVD-A. I was browsing and noticed now(I don't think they were there before) that they(DVD-A's) have stickers saying they will play in any DVD player.

What does this mean? They can't get the full benefit of DVD-A through just any DVD player, can they? They must be only to use the DTS or 2 channel music of the disc right? Or if the DVD player has multi channel outs is it possible to play DVD-A on a regular DVD player.

I dunno, I seen this today and was curious as to what it means for people with your normal run of the mill DVD player.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Matt ... DVD-A's do indeed play in any DVD player but as you rightly point out you can't access the higher quality DVD-A track without a DVD-A capable player ... On a normal DVD player you will get a DD5.1 or in some cases DTS track which are included on all DVD-A's ... Incidentally you also need a DVD-A capable player to access any extra video data which might be included on the DVD-A ...
HTH ...Paul ;)

Matt Odegard

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Paul, Thats what I figured. But I think that label is a little misleading to people who don't fully understand what DVD-A is. Some may think they are actually hearing the DVD-A portion of the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks