What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derick Alba, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Derick Alba

Derick Alba Extra

I am setting up my Hitachi 43UWX10B and noticed when I have the convergence grid up; the blue lines on the left of the tv seem unfocused and "boldge" off the grid. On the right side of the tv the red lines do the same but not as bad. I have already adjusted focus knobs. The center of tv is perfect with the grid being completley white. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

2. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

not exactly sure what you mean, but it sounds like the lines do not match up at the edges? If that is the case, that is precisely what convergence is meant to fix. If it just looks slightly out of focus compared to the center, theres probably not much else you can do. the corners will always be slightly off focus compared to the center of the picture on CRT TVs. As long as you can make sure the focus in the center of the pic is as sharp as you can get it, that's the best you can get.
    I am not familiar with you r particular set, but if the lines don't match, select the point on the grid and adjust them do they do line up.
    ------------------
    Crash
    "I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

3. Derick Alba

Derick Alba Extra

Thank you for the response. On the left side the blue lines are larger than the the actually grid line. I can adjust it so that the blue line is centered ontop of the grid but you can still see blue outside the grid. So when watching tv, everything on the left side has a blue outline.