What's new

What does the iPhone 3G need? (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Tony,

I, too, own a first-gen iPhone and am still ecstatically happy. From my perspective it's still the best gadget ever made. And the app store extends its usefulness on an almost daily basis.

I think the bulk of the complaints are coming from people that owned first-gen iPhones and then upgraded to the 3G. In some areas of the country they're not seeing "twice the speed" when comparing 3G access to EDGE. And -- prior to the 2.02 firmware upgrade -- if their phone switched from 3G to EDGE in the middle of a call they would be dropped! (Heck -- I would be pretty upset about that myself!) While 2.02 fixes that problem, there are still 3G connectivity issues that shouldn't be there which may be fixed by the 2.1 firmware upgrade promised for September.

The bottom line is that iPhone 3G customers --- especially those that were enjoying a trouble free experience with the original phone --- probably have a right to complain.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I am in the category as well. And I don't want to go back to life before the App. store -- ever. Between, Remote, Now Playing (ex- Box Office),Twitterrific, PocketPedia, Stanza and Wurdle (a great version of Boggle -- if you have any interest in word games check it out), I am one happy camper.

Once universal remote software/hardware starts coming out, I'll be even happier.

To me the iPhone is great device, that's only going to keep getting better and better.

Blu

Screenwriter
Is there a map or a list somewhere by AT&T that shows where 3G will be up and running soon or in the foreseeable future?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks