What's new

what does 'got milk?' mean? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The list of celebrities for the milk moustache is missing at least one, David Copperfield. He had a great ad that was him levitating an upsidedown glass of milk. Very cool postcard.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I think the beer was; 'Mackeson' It's what your right arm's for.
Alas, no. The Mackeson slogan was 'looks good, tastes good, and by golly it does you good'. Mackeson (or to give its full name, Mackeson's Milk Stout) was (is?) a dark, very rich tasting beer sold in smallish bottles. 'It's what your right arm's for' was the slogan for Courage beer. It featured a British heavyweight boxer called Henry Cooper, who was a southpaw (i.e. led with his left arm when he boxed, which is a less common style).

'Naughty but nice' was indeed an advert for cream cakes. Salman Rushdie *may* have created the phrase - he was certainly in the creative team that produced the slogan.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Couldn't resist another Family Guy reference, eh Nick? :D One of my personal favorite commercials for milk involved these two kids who wouldn't drink their milk, and they told their mom the neighbor never drank milk and he was doing fine. Then they see him out the window mowing his lawn or something, he waves, and his arm falls off. Then it cuts back to the kids chugging milk down. It was good stuff.

won960326

Auditioning
Real Name
Seungwon Lee
umm, I thought about what does got milk mean before 2 months ago. which means "do you wanna milk?" used for when you curious.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Wasn't there one with a dog who had just been fed some peanut butter? He keeps licking his chops and he keeps licking....it ends with Got Milk? Very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks