What's new

What does everyone think of the Alex Murdaugh trial? (1 Viewer)

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I don't subscribe to People, but received an email with this headline-

Juror in Alex Murdaugh trial reveals piece of evidence that convinced him of the South Carolina lawyer's guilt

And that is-

"He never cried," juror Craig Moyer said. "All he did was blow snot. No tears."

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh, but a drug-addict/lawyer bringing two guns to a spur of the moment murder, shooting with world class precision, execution style on his own wife and child, then deftly to bury the clothes that must have contained blood spatter, and to take a shower, and make a zillion phone calls in seconds and call the police, and make it so no evidence whatsoever can be found even today, does? That makes sense to you.

Murdaugh was not a pro-assassin. He didn't have Mafia credentials. And he had to kill both wife and son at close range. Not from across the room. Did he hold a gun in each hand.

Because according to the medical examiner, wife and son died within moments of one another. Or did he fire one gun into one victim, put it away and then fire the other into the second victim without the second victim fleeing or attempting to protect themselves? No, defensive wounds on either the wife or son?

Is any of this getting through? It's a near impossible for a world-class marksman with decades long honing of his craft to commit these crimes in the manner the prosecution holds dear that it actually happened.

You don't need to be a world class marksman to use a shotgun. What drug dealer bring a hunting rifle to assassinate someone? Using a hunting rifle and a shotgun is consistent with firearms that would already be available on the premises.

If you saw your mother being shot 4 or 5 times in front of you, it might be understandable that the shock of seeing that might create enough hesitation to give the murderer time to unload on you with another weapon. The son was shot with the shotgun. You don't have to be a sniper using a weapon like that.

The cell phone evidence putting him at the scene a few minutes before the murders makes him the most likely suspect. It revealed that he was a liar and that nothing he attested to could be trusted to be true.

If it had been someone else bent on killing the guy, you think they wouldn't have checked to see if their real target wasn't in the area since no one was aware that two murders had taken place, not even, supposedly, him. Who knew that hunting rifles and 12 gauge shotguns were so silent?

Who knows if he hadn't enlisted his son in the murder based on some promise made. The son kills the mother and then dear old dad puts two shotgun rounds into Paw Paw to tie up loose ends. I mean from information that came out it sounds like the son was a real.piece of work too.

The above is a stretch but no more so than thinking a killer just happens to show up five minutes after the guy he is after leaves.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Seriously, that doesn't hold any water with me. It's ridiculous.

A jilted drug dealer shows up at the house, doesn't see you and decides to take it out on your wife and kid. It's nonsense. If his drug dealer was intent on killing the dude, he would just stake the place out and wait until he came outside. He would then drive by and plug the guy. If anyone else got caught up when the bullets flew then the dealer would be, " Cest la vie"

He isn't going into the house, stable or whatever and say, "well, your husband is not here, so I guess I'll kill you two instead". Even if he did do that, you yourself stated that everyone was unaware. If that is the case, the killer would have just remained there and finished the job when the main target came back.

I think you're missing the point of what he was saying.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
If you're interested in this case & haven't already done so, I would highly recommend the recent Netflix 3-part documentary Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal. Excellent series, and focuses on several different elements - some of which I was unaware of before seeing the series.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If you're interested in this case & haven't already done so, I would highly recommend the recent Netflix 3-part documentary Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal. Excellent series, and focuses on several different elements - some of which I was unaware of before seeing the series.

Excellent recommendation. Have seen it.

There's also the documentary on HBO

Both should be watched together as the Netflix documentary gives more insight into the boat crash while the HBO documentary touches on other aspects I think are missing in the former.

I walked away from these narratives with complete disdain for the entire family who felt they were above the law and could do anything they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks