What does AXPL and AXNT do in the WEGA service menu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeEckman, Sep 26, 2001.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I thought AXPL disables red push on the WEGA sets, but changing both of these settings fromm 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 changes the colors on the screen.
    Can someone with a service manual look these settings up and tell me what they do?

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Mike, it seems to me that AXIS is the item that disables red push, though I do not have the service manual so I can't say for sure.

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Jason, I just checked and my TV does not have an AXIS setting. The only two that begin with AX are AXNT and AXPL like I listed. If anyone knows what these do, please let me know. Thanks.

4. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

It's been awhile since I've read my VVEGA service manual, but I believe the AXPL is for PAL sets, while AXNT affects NTSC sets. I switch both to 0 just to be safe.

5. Brian S

Brian S Extra

Mike,
    Like Richard mentioned, these are "color axis" settings for PAL and NTSC. Whether you need to pick "1" or "0" is sometimes misleading as Sony seems to switch their convention now and then. I would recommend bringing up the color decoder test screen on the Avia DVD (hopefully you have it!), and then simply pick the combination of settings for AXPL and AXNT that give you the best balance of Red, Green and Blue (using the color filters to determine the "amount" of each color).