What's new

What do you want for Christmas? (non-HT) (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Sit on Santa's lap...

I've been searching for interesting things as presents both for myself and for family members and I'm struggling to find anything that really seems worth the $$.

Since the hardware and software forums here can provide tons of ideas for home theater related products, what non-HT gifts are you giving or receiving this year? Are there any cool gifts that I'm just not seeing?

Brad

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
What I want:

*Willie & Max "wolfhead" saddlebags for my new Vulcan.

What I'm getting other people:

*Le Creuset 9" by 14" rectangular roaster, flaming red. Because my father thinks he's a good cook and a $100 baking dish will make him even better :rolleyes

*Drumset, for two year old neice. Because my brothers wife needs a good migraine.

*iTunes gift certificate. My friend's GF is getting him an iPod.

*$50 Ziebart gift certificate. My sister's fiance can buy his truck something there (He looooooves that truck).

Everybody else gets an Amazon.com gift certificate. Becuase I have no idea what they actually want.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Most of what I'll be getting are DVDs, but one of the smaller items under my tree will be the new 2003 Art Deco inspired update of Clue.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to get a Sony TRV-22 MiniDV camcorder. I've got a couple digicams, now need a motion one :)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Pretty Boring stuff but.......the Tenacious D DVD, Bonnaroo 2003 DVD

Johnny Cash Unearthed CD set, Let It Be Naked Cd

A couple of PS2 games including Prince of Persia, THUG, and SOCOM 2.

Oh and also a Ferrari 360 Modena

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Digital Camcorder, thinking the Canon Optura 20. Of course I know I'll have to get it myself but who knows, maybe Santa really does exist. :b :D

Nah I'll have to get itmyself anyway, I've been bad.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Pioneer A06 DVD+/-R/W drive
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brad, I own an AirZooka and it's a ton of fun. They also come in hot neon colours if black is too boring for you. It makes a bit of noise (since it's an elastic band type mechanism that snaps against the plastic) but get one and you'll have a fun Christmas.

I bet you can use it to knock candy canes off a Christmas tree at 20 feet. The aiming is surprisingly accurate.

Bob

www.hoberman.com sells the "hoberman sphere" which is a pretty cool expanding geometrical form... it looks like they've come out with a few new models since I bought mine a few years ago. Check them out too.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I don't think you can wrap up what I want for Christmas. I'll give you a hint: Elton John song :)

But seriously folks. I told the family Alias Season 2 and I held off from purchasing Dec 2. And I bet I'll be seeing the Complete Far Side under the tree. I need to get some misletoe...

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Shark Vac
George Foreman Grill
Turbo Cooker
K-Tel's Freedom Rock on Cd
Mr. Microphone "Hey, good-lookin' we'll be back to pick you up later"

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Nikon digital camera
DVD camcorder
iPod
PowerMac

oh....a girlfriend would be nice too.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
A whole whack of XBox games, and a wireless adapter so I can finally hook the think into our network and get LIVE going. :D

.... and some nice clothes .... :D

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
Anduril reproduction sword from Return of the King (to go along with my Sting, Glamdring, and Shards of Narsil swords)

Return of the King and Project Gotham 2 for xbox

quite a few books

clothes

ZipZaps RC car for some cubicle entertainment

I'd also like a larger house with room for a dedicated HT, a BMW Z4, and for women to give clear, definite answers to yes or no questions, but I'm much less likely to get these :)

Kevin

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that bender is too cool. my gf is getting a tiffany's necklace, my boys a ps2 and gamecube (yes...it really is for the boys), my nephews some bionicle and batman action figures, my sis gets a gift-certificate to the mall and that about does it.

thank gawd i don't have too many people to buy for.

me, i'm getting a new mits rptv, yammie receiver, dvd player, sub ... and other assorted gear! :D :D :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have no family and only exchange presents with a couple friends and my boss.

I know I am getting/giving:

Rendezvous on DVD, in exchange for some reprints of Nick Fury: Agent from S.H.I.E.L.D. or a hardcover copy of Sgt. Rock

Dinner at the Metropolitan Grill (my friend works there so we are getting a $200 dinner for two for about 50 bucks, so I am getting her DVDs of the first two seasons of Strangers With Candy.

And my boss is getting me a rectangle pizza stone from Crate & Barrel in echange for a DVD of To Kill A Mockingbird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks