What Do You Use Your Food Processor For?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James Edward, Jan 14, 2005.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I have a food processor(KitchenAid KFP670) and I'm interested in what people here use theirs for.

The one I have is supposed to be a good one- powerful motor, large capacity bowl(11 cup), and I just know there are many uses for it, but I can't seem to get in the groove of using it regularly...

I make dinner every night, so all ideas are welcome. Thanks!

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I use it for most chopping and blending operations. Some items (tomatoes, etc.) don't 'chop' well (so I use knives). For cheese I toss it into the freezer for a few hours (hard cheese works well in the FP). I've also used it to make bread doughs and other mixed items (mayo, salad dressings, etc.). Google for food processor recipes for a bunch of ideas.

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

There are a bunch of ideas in the manual, or at least there are in mine. I use mine a lot when I bake, it's great for making pie crust, or even just sifting flour. Just start using it, you'll be surprised at how useful it is. The slicing blade is really great.

4. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

We had one once.

The main thing we used it for was to cover a large amount of useless space on top of the Fridge.

The top of the fridge is now know as the useless appliance shelf.

We also had a meat slicer that we used once. It sat up there too for a while.

Bill