What's new

What do you use to track your DVD collection? (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
(not sure if this is the right place to post this)

Looking for something online that can easily be searched and has the ability to upload or mass-title import. Would be nice if it had a pic of the cover/cover art when available, but not necessary.

So far, I've seen DVD Profiler and DVD Tracker. Tracker seems easy to use, but the title search can be troublesome at times, because you can only search by title and there may be multiple versions, multiple same or like names, or the search may return a few thousand results if your search is a common word.

Anyone use Profiler and how do you like it?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
There are a lot of threads here about DVD Profiler. It's a really good program. I haven't messed with it as much as some, so I don't know all the details about it. It's just an easy way to keep track of the titles you own and want. Has front/back cover with film details. It's free too, but IIRC you can pay $25 to support the makers and get access to higher quality cover art.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I use it. It is a wonderful app. It is best to start using it while your collection is small in size. I unfortunately started when my collection numbered several hundred. It took quite a while to enter all of the DVDs.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My collection is already a few hundred, which is why I want something that can import. A decent search function would be handy, and cover art would probably help distinguish if I have the right disc/title/version.

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I'm a Mac OSX user... I personally use a program called 'DVD Attache'. It groks information from amazon where possible. It also has a feature where you can 'mass add' titles. That was a nice feature to start with. Very nice. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I use DVD Profiler and DVD Spot. DVD Spot is still a bit young, so you'll probably be making quite a few new contributions to the database. DVD Profiler has a broader base so the UPC input tends to turn up the title the first time. I like DVD Spot for the aesthetics and the overall accessibility to the collection for friends, but it's not necessarily the most accurate (at this time). I still use DVD Profiler but mainly for my personal recordkeeping.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've been using DVD Profiler for a few years and have been very happy with the program. It's easy to use, has a very large database of existing titles, and provides both a PC database and Internet-based listing. The paid ($25) version gets you high resolution cover art and additional online space for larger collections.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Wow, I'm the first to mention this?

Link Removed

They have a mass import feature, pics, and more. I love it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't like that I can't mass add in Profiler, and the interface is a bit busy, but it has a LOT of info.

DVD Spot seems to be about the level that I am looking for. It's a little slow, but I like the interface so far.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
DVDAficionado is all I've ever needed....and they are pretty much problem free when it comes to staying on-line. They went down once for a few days, communicated with everyone and was up and running in no time. It's free...although I use it every day so I donate once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks