What's new

What do you use for rear in 6.1? (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
SO what do you use for the center rear in your 6.1 setup? I am currently running the following system Para. TItans up front, CC-170 center, Atoms as rears......would I want to pick up another cc-170 or can I try to find a single atom somewhere? Or can I just use any old generic crap(bose) speaker? I don't know how apparent the imaging is because I've never heard it. I don't really know if it's important to timbre match the center rear.

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
Please anything but bose.

Does your receiver have the option to wire up 2 SB's? I know some do. Even if they are only 6.1 receivers. If so I would recommend picking up another pair of atoms.

I've tried both 6.1 and 7.1 in my room, and I like 7.1 far better than 6.1. 7.1 seemed to create a much larger sound stage than just having 1.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Derrik. Putting one speaker back there isn't all that great. Once you put two and run them basically as one it will widen the sound field and sound MUCH better. I would go with a pair of Atoms back there. I currently have a pair of Atoms for 7.1 duty and they do the job very nicely.

Just remember, there isn't a lot of sound info delivered to the back so don't get to crazy with the money spent. Get GOOD quality speakers yes, but don't break the bank. The Atoms are perect for that application IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks