What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I was hoping you’d say that. :)

Regarding your request...
...I’m missing the “HT” part. Two speakers, no video equipment? Looks more like a stereo to me. :D

The sub driver you’ve picked certainly looks manly, but since it’s for a car stereo it might not be the best choice for a home system. I suggest opening a thread at our DIY and Advanced Projects Forum. Lots of people knowledgeable about building subwoofers who can let you know if this is a good choice or not.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

BenLev

Agent
My bad. I will be hooking it up to a 56 inch JVC hdtv. Not sure if it is any good or not but it looked really nice at the store. As for the sub. I know the owner of the company and many people use that particular sub in home theaters. The thing is I want to use it for music and for HT so i am going with a ported box tuned to 25hz instead of tuning lower like a normal ht would be tuned to.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have him build you a sub with a lower Fs and a higher Vas. It may only take adding some mass to the cone since it is so light. I would also recommend an EQ and a low cross-over point since the Le is pretty high.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks