What do you think of this setup?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reyes, Dec 16, 2001.

1. James Reyes

James Reyes Stunt Coordinator

After months of endless research on the web I have decided to put the following system together starting in January. A sort of late Christmas gift to me [​IMG]:
    TV: Panasonic PT-47WX49
    DVD: Toshiba SD4700
    Receiver: Onkyo TXDS797
    Speakers: Norh 4.0 Marbles all around (Fronts, Center, Rears)
    Sub-woofer: Undecided, looking at an SVS
    What do you all think of this? I look forward to your feedback. [​IMG]

2. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Wow, that really sucks [​IMG]
    Just think, you'll have no box enclosures in your whole setup if you go with the SVS!! Looks like you'll have a killer system.

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Looks great James! How do you like your nOrh speakers? I've strongly considered getting a set of them myself. From what I've read you can't go wrong with SVS. Or if you're so inclined you could build your own subwoofer. This forum has a wealth of knowledge on the subject and tons of people willing to give a helping hand! Enjoy!

Dan Hine

4. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

I have the PT47WX51, and I love it, so kudos there. I am not familiar with the Toshiba DVD player, just makes sure it can scale non-enhanced movies because the panny locks into full mode on progressive signals.

5. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Well, I for one think it sucks. [​IMG] Especially since I had to "settle" for the ceramic 4.0s. [​IMG]
    For the sub, go with the SVS. Trust us. [​IMG]
    I give your system [​IMG] [​IMG] but one [​IMG] because it isn't being shipped to me. [​IMG]

6. James Reyes

James Reyes Stunt Coordinator

Hey thanks, for the cool feedback guys. I anticipate putting this together over a 4 to 6 month period. I'll start with the TV and the DVD player and then wait a little while before I buy the receiver and the speakers. I can't wait till I have it all built. [​IMG]