What's new

What do you think of this setup? (1 Viewer)

Shawn*M

Grip
I'm thinking about getting 5 Fluance SV-6 bookshelfs to use as my mains, center, and surrounds and going with an SVS pb 12 plus 2. I was going to go with a JBL setup (e100, ec35, e10) with an SVS pb10. Well, after thinking it over, I just don't think the pb10 will be enough for my room and leave me wanting WAY more. So, I have decided to increase my budget and go with a much more powerful SVS sub. I know the fluance are entry level speakers but, I can always upgrade them some time down the road where as for the sub, I want to get it right the first time.:) Sounds like this sub (pb12+2) is almost powerful enough to split open the earth's crust.:D The only down side to this is , I will have to wait about another 2 months before I will have the funds to buy it.:frowning: But, if it's everything that everyone says it is, the wait should be well worth it.:D Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I've never heard the Fluance products, but they seem to be well regarded for their price:performance ratio.

As for the sub, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Alan M

Second Unit
It sounds like a great setup to get you rolling.

Having owned Fluance speakers in the past,I still think they are the best bang for buck speakers out there(MHO).
As for your choice of subs,I agree with "Z":emoji_thumbsup:

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Do you have an SVS, 'M'? I've been so interested in our Magnepan conversations I didn't even pay attention to what sub you were running lol

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive got Flunace SX-HTB's and I think they are incredible for the $. What kind of receiver are you running? Is this setup mainly for Movies? Ive never acctually heard the PB12+2, but I hear incredible things about them.

Alan M

Second Unit
Dont mean to hijack your thread Shawn.

Nope,but I wished I did Z,running an old sub called a P-2 by Athena,8" that goes down to 25hz.My next upgrade will be an SVS or I'll build an IB.

Again,I think you'll be very happy with your start up system Shawn.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn, I do not have an SVS sub nor have I heard them. But I would say wait, and say it with no hesitation. My system has been built over time. Sometimes it takes me several months before I can get what I want. But in the end, my regrets are few and far between. So again, wait get the pb12+2 and have a :D all day long.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

JBL EOS*** design claim "delivers the same response off-axis as it does on-axis " are proven by Tom Nousaine Surround Objective Benchmark where the Surround E10's high frequency response reaching 20 kHz -3.9 dB!

CLICK HERE to compare other MFG's SPK Objective Benchmarks by Tom Nousaine.

**Read "APRIL 2004 S&V MAG JBL Northridge E Series E20, EC35, E10 & E250P Review"

Anyway, for less $$$, I'd get the speakers designed by JBL, ... where more than 70 percent of the world's great recording studios monitor on JBL loudspeakers.

*** Elliptical Oblate Spheroid™ (EOS) waveguide is utilized in JBL's TEC Award Winning Professional Series LSR Linear Spatial Reference studio monitors.

Phil

Shawn*M

Grip
Thanks for the advice phil. The fluance speakers wasn't a set in stone deal, just an option I was kind of kicking around. I'm new to this so that's why I wanted to see what you guys thought before I made my purchase. However, the SVS is a set in stone deal and I'm getting it, just wish I didn't have to wait a few more months to get it. Oh well, the wait will payoff. I hope.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I was going to go with Fluance as well, but I could not demo them and I demo'd the JBL's and really like them.

I have the E80's, ec35, e10 surrounds and n24 rear surrounds with a Dayton 10" being pushed by a Pio 1014. (5% movies and luv it. Only imagine how they would osund with any type of SVS :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks