What do you think of these Klipsch computer speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Matt_Smi, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product

I have a pretty decent home theater setup at home, but I also go to college and there I have a Cambridge SoundWorks 2.1 computer speaker setup, which I also have hooked into my TV so I can listen to movies without terrible TV speakers. It is not bad and much better than TV speakers but I miss having surround sound and obviously I miss my STF-2. I a considering purchasing this 5.1 computer speaker setup for my dorm. But I am not sure if I really want to spend the money on it, I would almost rather put the $350 towards a new receiver (or something else) for my HT at home. Plus the Klipsch setup would be useless when I am home for winter break and the summer because at home I just hook my computer into my HT setup. I am also afraid that these speakers might just disappoint me since I am used to my HT, and it is hard to believe that the sub in this package actually goes down to 25Hz, considering just my STF-2 sub (which has been proven to go down to 25Hz) alone cost the same price of this whole package! I don’t know but I need some advice, I guess I can live without surround sound and great bass at college, and it just makes me appreciate my HT more when I come home on a weekend and watch a movie. But then again since I spend most of my time at school, I feel like I deserve some good speakers there too.

2. Blkout

Blkout Agent

The top of the line Logitech's sound better.

3. JohnPop

JohnPop Stunt Coordinator

I've heard from many online forums comparing the Logitechs and the Klipch that the Logitech sounds better and is a much better deal.

4. EricSm

EricSm Stunt Coordinator

Well, in fairness a lot of people say the Klipsch sound better. It just depends on who you talk to. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I recently bought a set of the Ultras and I'm quite happy with them. No, they won't replace my dedicated home theater, but they are good enough that I've thrown a few dvds on my pc and find myself enjoying them and not bothering to switch to the home theater room.

They are fantastic for games and great for pc music listening.
    If you get a great positional sound game you can find yourself really immersed.

5. Vital

Vital Extra

Klipsch has made the best computer speakers on the market for years and it's well known in the gaming community. The Klipsch sub is dual 8" compared to the 5.25" or whatever it is in the Logitech. Logitech wont even list the inside of the speakers from what I can tell. I went with the Ultra after trying every computer speaker out there and it wasnt even close IMO. The mini horns with the 8" sub is better sounding than most peoples home stereo.

6. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

Matt, you sound a little torn over whether or not you want to spend so much on just PC speakers. How about save your money and getting something a little cheaper instead? As long as the PC is not your primary/dedicated entertainment center Im sure this will be more than enough.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...146312-1137532

~And another vote for Klipsch over the Logitech if you must go with the top of the line PC speakers [​IMG]

7. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

the Klipsch Ultras are awesome pair it up with a good sound card and let em rip, I have mine connected to an M-audio Revolution 7.1 card pure heaven on a pc but theres no way they cna compare to a real home theater system.

8. David Ruggiero

David Ruggiero Stunt Coordinator

I have the original Klipsch promedia 4.1 system and I have never heard better sounding computer speakers other then the newer Klipsch's. And yes, I have heard the Logitechs as well.