What's new

What Do You Think Of The New Panasonic s35 DVD Player? (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Friend was thinking of getting one for his kids bedroom. Any thoughts on it? Would really like to hear from owner's of this player.

Thanks

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Thanks Lane, was hoping that their might be some more info on it than is in the other thread. I also might add that he will be hooking it up to an analog set. For you guys that do have it I would still like you to chime in maybe with a "little" Test Report. Thanks Again!

MikeSRC

Second Unit
I'm working on a review of this player right now. To give you a quick overview, it's definitely worth $100. In most cases it provides a decent progressive scan picture. Its incremental zoom is an outstanding feature. That being said, its deinterlacing is not per-pixel motion adaptive and is mediorce at best. It also combs quite frequently.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
If this question doesn't upset anybody too much :): Has anybody found a place that sells the dvd-audio version of this player, the DVD-S55? I cannot find even one place/website that does, and it's only thirty bucks more (but I'm worried about what a $130 dvd-audio player will sound like). Thanks.

LJ

MikeSRC

Second Unit
The S55's not out yet. It and the rest of the new Panny line will be out soon, possibly within the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks