What do you think about the M&K subs??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Sean Mullin, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

am looking at Subs....

would love any and all opionions on the following subs by M&K

MX 105
    MX 600
    MX 5000THX MkII
    please help a guy out here... have found a few deals and am wanting to know about your opinions, since there is no M&K dealer anywhere close to me so as to audition them.

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

The M&K sub I listened too- I'm not sure about the model. Retailed for @ $1600 though. It was in a stores "theater" room- a very nice room at that. The system was a full 7.1 M&K ran by B&K- had the 200x7 amp on them. The sub was awesome! Not boomy and did a great job. Too add- He then put in a Diffinitve sub and it did almost as good a job for 50% less clams. I'd go with the diffinitive unless I could find a real good deal on that M&K.

3. Joe*H

Joe*H Stunt Coordinator

I have a m&k v-1b. got it for a steal from a friend. It is great, I mean this thing really pumps. I even broke it because I had no clue what I was doing and m&k checked the amp for free and replaced the speaker with a new and inproved sheilded one for under $100 right from the factory. now it is so loud I must keep it turned 3/4 down or pics rattle off the tables. I think my sub is close to 20 years old. I cant say enough good things about them. Also you can get refurbs off there web site for a lot less than retail.

4. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

yeah... I was askin because I was thinkin about goin with one of their refurbs.... same warranty... why not??