What's new

What do you think about "The Getaway" demo... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Holton

Stunt Coordinator
I thought this demo was a lot of fun... and the animiation on the characters during the gunfight are really impressive. After playing the demo, I though for sure I would pick this game up...

But then I saw IGN's review... 7.0 that stinks, apparently the final product has a good number of flaws.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Awww man a 7.0??? I was expecting at least a 9.0. I know it's not right to put so much promise into the pre-rendered CGs but I thought this was gonna really compete with GTA.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If you buy it expecting GTA, you'll be annoyed. If you buy it expecting a Max Payne style game but with lots of driving, you might enjoy it more.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The search function will also show other thoughts on the game - I hated the demo, but thats because it promises so much, and then really doesn't deliver. The controls on foot are what really ruined it for me, but the unskippable cutscenes are pretty annoying as well.

paul h

Supporting Actor
I had a very quick play of it last night and was pretty damn impressed by the graphics as i drove through London, looks a lot better than Vice City.
Hmmmm ... Driver3, GTA4 or Getaway2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks