What's new

What do you think about NetFlix (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Since they added a few outlets further East, it's been great for me (I live in Maine, and until recently their turnaround time was 9-10 days. Now it's 6). I've not had a problem with them since signing up again recently. Three movies out at a time (12-13 per month) for twenty bucks yields movie rentals of only $1.67 each including postage. They have a vast (albeit not absolute) selection, way-y-y beyond that offered by Hollywood or Blockbuster or any other chain. How can you lose?

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I agree. Their selection is vast, the price is right, and the movie comes right to your door.
I joined last month because I was having surgery, and could not get out to B-Buster or Hollywood.
I think I'll continue even when I'm able to go out regularly. The great convenience, along with all the oddball movies not available at any local store, have won me over.
I am also near enough to a facility that the turnaround can be as little as 4 days.
Try it- I think you'll like it.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I love it. Skip using it for the latest releases, though. From what I've heard, those copies go fast and you will be put on the waiting list. I use it almost exclusively for what titles the local HV doesn't stock, mostly foreign and hard to find stuff.

Bruce

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Love it. I use it for new releases just fine. In fact there is nothing in my list but new releases and stuff thats been out for only a month or so.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I haven't tried it, but my sister and her husband are raving about it. I keep meaning to give it a go though. Seems like a pretty sweet setup.

Glennica

Agent
I've been using them since May, and I'm very happy so far. They have never sent me the Pan & Scan version of a movie.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I've used them for about 2 years now. They have a distribution center in Flushing, so my turn around is sometimes overnight.

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
I used them for a couple of years from 1998-2000, and for the most part, they were the answer to the renter's prayer.

RD

Brian E

Screenwriter
I hadn't rented a movie since 1998 until I started using them about 3 months ago. It's been great. I too have a fast turnaround as they have a distro center in Minneapolis. I'm busy catching up on titles I thought about buying and decided not to buy sight unseen. Lets just say I'm glad to see most of these once, but I'm also glad I didn't buy them sight unseen :)

Felicia J

Agent
I've been using them since May, and I'm very happy so far. They have never sent me the Pan & Scan version of a movie.
They sent us a PS "Stuart Little" once. I'm not sure why ... if that was all they had in stock, or what.

Other than that, we've been quite happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks