What's new

What do you put between speaker and shelf (1 Viewer)

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what people that have bookshelf speakers use to put under their speakers when they are sitting on a shelf.

Is it better to use a rubber mat, rubber pads or those stick-on felt pads. Someone said that I should use
30 sheets of paper in order to absorb vibrations.

There is also the BlueTack advocates but after a few years, you need a crowbar to remove the speakers. Spikes are out of the question because the shelves are made of natural wood and I want to live a little longer.

Any comments would be appreciated .

Robert;)

Johnny_M

Second Unit
i use the little rubber sticky pads. small cheap ones that are not real sticky come off pretty easily if you ever need to. plus whos ever going to see the bottom of the speaker?

Johnny

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Forget the sheets of paper, once compressed, it's like a solid surface.

Use the adhesive back rubber bumper type round or square pads that you can buy @ Home Depot!

Phil

JamesCB

Second Unit
Spikes. ALL speakers should be spiked. IME, spiking has had only a positive effect on the sound, no matter what tpye or location of the speaker. Spikes provide isolation and a stable foundation. IMO, on a bookshelf, small pads will transfer too much vibration to the shelf.

My 0.02 cents. Good luck.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks