What's new

What Do You Know For Sure? (1 Viewer)

started to get a bit into epistemology (how do we know what we know) in another thread about engravers' motives/mistakes.
got me thinkin. i remembered that oprah ( :rolleyes:) has started to ask her guests at the end of a show re the one thing they know for sure (about life, the universe and everything).
what say yee, homeys? can we get enuff collective wisdom of absolute certainties to weave a proper understanding of how the parallel universes mesh? i mean, is it true that there's always room for jello?

Ike

Screenwriter
Death, at least in our understood form, will occur at some point to myself. Death is the only constant inevitable.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I know with absolute certainty that the mass of the earth is greater than that of the piece of paper on my desk.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
That I am in control of my own destiny. My life is my own, and I fear for anyone who tries to take that away from me.

Denward

Supporting Actor
I believe it was Mark Twain who said, "The more I learn, the less I know." I like that.

Don, That's great irony between your post and your sig. So your destiny is randomness?

Julie K

Screenwriter
I know what my senses tell me. I know that these senses are often inaccurate and misleading. I know the musings and thoughts of others on what they observe. From these one can construct a method for modelling what is observed, and that is what I do.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I know that I will never, ever, go on a date with Emmanuelle Beart. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I know for certain that my dog pee's on my curtains...I just caught him! Dang blasted Chihuahua!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
What do I know for sure?

It was Gene Siskel who asked all of his interviewee's this question at the end of each interview.

Oprah just "borrowed" the idea.

Ike

Screenwriter
Maybe inevitable right now, but maybe not in the future. Are you willing to bet your life?
That people will live forever in my life time-sure. I'll have you know, I'm really overweight and suicidal, so this, sir, is a bet you're going to lose! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks