What's new

What do you know about the Toshiba HDX flicker problem? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
I was set on pulling the trigger on a 57HDX82 or a 65HDX82 when I read about all sorts of people having a flicker problem? Now I do not know what to do. The only place I can get a HDX model is onecall so returning it would be a problem. What other models compare for the same price? Thanks!

EricTownsend

Stunt Coordinator
This may be too late for you, but I have the 57HDX82 that I purchased from onecall because they are local to me. Locally they are called Huppins HiFi. I got a great deal from them. This is the first I have heard of any problems with this set. Are you confusing it with the Sony 57" HDTV that has flicker problems? Mine looks rock solid and I would recommend both the set, the company and onecall.
See ya!
Eric

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
From all the reading I am doing there is definately a flicker problem ongoing on the Toshiba HDX line, this is why my considerations are now for the H line,looks just as good, but lacks the DVI and the anti glare, not a biggie if it can spare you a service call.

You may want to check out hometheaterspot.com they have a alot of info on the flicker problem.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
As an update for HDX owners experiencing Flicker or Bursting problems, Home Theater Spot now has a petition going to try to get Toshiba to recognize these problems as legitimate concerns.

Whether or not these are widespread issues or not, it would be nice if Toshiba would stop denying the existence of the Flicker problem, and the Bursting problem.

My HDX has the Flicker problem, but not any bursting issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks