What's new

what do you guys think of this setup... HK, Axioms, HSU?? (1 Viewer)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
what are your thoughts on this setup? would it be wise to change the mains to something else than what i have listed, or are the m3ti's good as far as mains are concerened? thanks!

Reciever: HK 225
mains: axiom M3ti
center: amiom vp-150
surrounds: axiom M3ti
Sub: HSU STF-2

if you would change any of the speakers please let me know as i already have the reciever and the sub. This will be used for about 85% HT and 15% music. it is in my basement which is about medium sized i would say.. carpeted. anything you can help me with i would appreciate. thanks

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
would the m2i's work for fronts as well as surrounds? im asking because of the cost factor. i could save some money if i used them for the surrounds as well instead of getting the qs4/qs8... so does this setup sound alright, it will be very cost effective:

reciever: HK 225
mains: Axiom M2i
center: Axiom vp-100
surrounds: Axiom M2i
Sub: HSU Stf-2

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
That should be a great system. You may want to call them, the guys there are easy to talk to, and will make sure you are happy.

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
I auditioned the M2i and VP150 for a month. The M2i is one of the amazing bargains in audio today. It is very smooth yet dynamic sounding, transparent and accurate. For $255 the pair it is incredible. My feeling on the VP150 was not so hot. I thought the weird design (TWWWT) sounded very strange as you moved off axis (from the main listening seat). Personally, I think you'd do better with the VP100 in the center or, if you can accomodate it, another M2i which would give you seamless pans across the front.

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the replies guys... one thing though, i just found out that compusa doesnt carry the hsu in any store in ohio as none of them have the home audio section... is there a sub for around the same price of $350 that will work well with this system? i am going to go with the 4 M2i's with the vp-100 center. so i need a sub replacement. any help is appreciated. thanks

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
i have no problem going through ebay for a new sub, however i would like to stay away from anything used on ebay. any other opinions?

Sheldon C

Second Unit
In regards to the question about no one liking m3's;

I have m3's in my pool room and I love them. The have all the clarity you would want and they have a "sweet sound" to them that my m60's don't have. Depending on what's playing as far as music goes, sometimes I prefer the m60's and sometimes vice versa.

I have m2's for my rears and I really like those too. The m3's are better than the m2's if you don't have a sub and can be pushed to higher volumes, and once again they have an ever so slightly "sweet" sound to them that is hard to describe.

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
I have the M3's and VP100. I think these make a great front three. I've never heard the M2's.

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
HERE is a powerful sub for $319. It also makes a good 88lb end table. I have one of these and it sounds just as authorative as my Def Tech PF-1800. Shipping for this unit to my zip (91910) would only be $22.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks