What's new

What do you guys think of this Pioneer? (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Hey, just picked up a Pioneer VSX-412 at CircuitCity the other day for my cousin. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this model?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._38261,00.html

The link to the product is above, and it sounds pretty good, probably a good low-end reciever from what I can tell. CircuitCity is phasing this reciever out with a new one, and I got an open box for about $90 before tax. With box it was about $110 I believe. Great for a low-end budget, but since I have only had it for a couple days, wondering what people think. Compared to my Harman it isn't as good but it works well, at least double what I paid for it.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
It's definitely a good entry level receiver. I have a friend who uses a 411 in his bedroom HT and it's a solid unit. It has the same hybrid amplification used in the entire standard pioneer line. There's only one better receiver I can think of in the price range, the Kenwood 6050 refurbished from ecost. Probably more true power and better processing, but you'd have to deal with waiting for it to arrive and mailing it off if you ever needed warranty work, plus you get a full 1yr warranty where the kenwood refurb only has 90 days. I'd say you did pretty well for $90.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks