What's new

What do you guys think of these speakers? (1 Viewer)

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Pioneer Elite TZ-F700(towers),TZ-C700(center) I have four of the towers and a center that have been sitting in their factory sealed boxes since May. I loved these speakers(the towers) when I heard them at the dealer. I'm not even going to tell you the deal I got on these speakers(no, not ubid... Pioneer Elite B&M dealer with full warranty.) I just wish my theatre room was finished... I invite/urge other owners to join the thread so we (the small minority) can talk about these speakers that bring us so much joy... It seems you either hear an absolutely over-the top rave review of these speakers or the person simply calls them "junk" or "garbage". I understand speaker preference is varied amongst listeners, but no one would listen to a set of Infinity, Klipsh, Polk, B&W, Paradigm, Atlantic tech., etc. speakers and simply call them garbage if they didn't appeal to their specific listening tastes. Kinda funny, don't you think?
Is it because they have the Pioneer Elite name on them instead of a "speaker" company? ... love to hear your
thoughts...-JD
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...22,181,00.html

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
They look fantastic...but in that price range there is a LOT of competition!
Check out the Def Tech 2000TL's...

JohanK

Second Unit
I listened to the F700s a few months ago. The owner had bought them and was selling his pair of Polk RTA-15TLs. Listened to both pairs and I preferred the Polks...would've bought the Polks but one had severe cabinet damage (it was dropped, I think). The Pioneers are kinda cool looking but I didn't find the sound anything special...of course, he was still dialing them in.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys. Thanks for the responses.
Bob, These speakers are now going for between $400-850 a piece. The center for $200-450. Quite a bargain. If you ever get a chance to hear them, try 'em out...
Johan, What was the reciever/amp that the speakers were connected to? Are you sure he changed the speaker settings on the amp.(large vs. small?) These speakers have a 300 watt amp built into them - the low end would not kick in if the settings remained the same while comparing the speakers. Just wondering...
Anyone else? -JD

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
These speakers are now going for between $400-850 a piece
Don't they list for 3500/pair? Wow talk about a markdown :)
Is there a listing of dealers which carry them? I'm not for a second going to change my DT's...but I wouldn't mind hearing these especially if they are selling at that price!

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, I believe Pioneer Elite has an official dealer finder on the web page. I'd recommmend giving the dealer a call before you make a trip. I'm not sure if they are still making these speakers... They're getting scarce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks