What do you guys think of the Acoustech Cinema Series 6 Speaker System?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Arthur. I usually run 14awg just because the price difference is negligible, but 16awg should work as well. The wire from HD or Lowes will work fine.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Seth

I don't see 14 gauge lamp cord at Home Depot. Where do you get your 14 gauge?

BTW, from what I have heard, 16 gauge should be fine for runs of up to 40 feet.

Thanks

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Is 14 AWG better than 12 AWG? I was recomended getting 12 AWG but im not sure. Is the higher the AWG the better? I wont be needing 100ft, probably 20 - 50 ft will work fine. Also, how do you think I should mount the BIC Center speaker? It is quite large and I dont think it will look attactive hanging over my 50" plasma. I was thinking about putting it in the wall..... but im a little hesitant punching holes in my house.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Justin

12 gauge is overkill unless you are going to run more than 50 feet to a speaker. 14 is more than adequate, and for runs up to 40 feet, 16 gauge is fine. If you can wire your entire system with only 50 feet of wire, 16 gauge is more than adequate. 16 gauge can easily handle 1200 watts, and probably a lot more.

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Do you know if any other speaker system can beat the BIC Acoustech in price and performance? Also, I am trying to decide which AVR to get along with the BIC Acoustech speakers

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Never having heard them I can only speculate. Still, the Premier Acoustic package for 999 in cherry might be a little better. Yamaha 659 or Pioneer 1016.

Alan M

Second Unit
Do a search over on AVS forum,
There have been a couple of reviews by current owners who seemed pleased with their purchase.

The basic outcome of the reviews was that the Acoustech's were excellent at their pricepoint for small to medium rooms.In larger rooms,were higher volume was needed,they could ,if driven hard enough ,distort.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

That would be a concern of mine. One of the reasons that I am interested in these is due to the dynamics of a horn tweeter. That is what I like about the Klipsch line so much, is that they are very dynamic and can be driven to very high volumes without braeking a sweat.

I was hoping that the Acoustech's would do the same.

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Same here, I heard that the horn tweeters on the Acoustech perform very well. I am going to be getting them in a few weeks. They really seem like the best speakers for the best 'bang for buck"

Also, does anyone know any websites that sell refurb or cheap AVR's?

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
ac4l.com sells Marantz and harmanaudio.com sells refurb Harman KArdon. You can sometimes nab a great deal on ebay from Harmanaudio on ebay.

Jason

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
xAbre1200 said:
Same here, I heard that the horn tweeters on the Acoustech perform very well. I am going to be getting them in a few weeks. They really seem like the best speakers for the best 'bang for buck"

QUOTE]

Justin,

Have you looked at the thread on the Premier Acoustics PA 6F's?
Those seem to have the potential at being a pretty good bang for the buck speaker.

xAbre1200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Justin
Since the rear speakers have to be on the wall, does anyone know how i would wire the speaker wires up to my receiver? I really do not feel like punching holes in my new house, so please help?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ketoburni