1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of the Acoustech Cinema Series 6 Speaker System?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by xAbre1200, Sep 22, 2006.

1. xAbre1200

xAbre1200 Stunt Coordinator

What do you guys think of the Acoustech Cinema Series 6 Speaker System?

Here is the link,
    http://www.sounddistributors.com/buynow.asp?prid=1054

I read some reviews and it says it can compare with the Klipsch line....... are they just B.S. ing? or is this for real? 799.99 thats about a fraction of what Klipsch costs too [​IMG]

2. xAbre1200

bump:

3. xAbre1200

Come on you guys, I really want these speakers since most of the reviews rave about them... but are they really good? I obviously cant test them out since they dont carry them at best buy or circuit city........ Also, what 5.1 receiver do you recomend with them?

4. MiguelP

MiguelP Stunt Coordinator

I can't say it looks like a poor replica of the Klipsch Reference series even thier RTR series looks like a replica of Cerwin Vegas " dig the red cones?"

The specs from the link looks pretty convincing,but you don't really know how well its going to peform. From a $799.99 price tag I would say you should get it as a good start otherwise invest in a seperate speaker system.

I admit I do own a pair of BIC M-60's in wall speakers in my room and its powered by a Onkyo 2-Channel Amplifier and it sounds great, plenty of bass, clear sound,but clearly BIC reputation for home theater does not exceed as far as other home theater brands. But I think you should get, if that was me and my budget can do so much I would get it. I started off with really lame home theater at first,but I upgraded little by little,but for that price and BIC do make good speakers its a steal! Up to you buddy

Oh yea I cant recall any new recievers out there that are 5.1 most new recievers today are either 6.1,7.1 or higher,but Yamaha, Onkyo I think they still manafacture entry level 5.1 recievers or u can get a used one somewhere. I'll stick with a Onkyo reciever though yamaha has too much bullcrap DSP'S which ppl dont even intend to use.

5. xAbre1200

But the BIC Acoustech setup is for 5.1 right? It comes with 2 speakers in the front, a center channel, and 2 rears, and a sub..... is that considered 5.1 or 6.1? I thought 6.1 was 6 speakrs along with a sub....

6. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Most newer receivers are 6.1 or 7.1, but they will work perfectly fine without the additional speakers.

Most user reviews I've read of the BIC Acoustech setup is pretty good. There are reviews out there that actually compare them favorably against the Klipsch reference line. I really doubt they're that good, but they may (or may not) be better than the Klipsch Synergy line.

The H100 subwoofer is very solid and was designed by Dr. Hsu. I own one and have been very pleased.

For receivers I would look at Denon, Harmon Kardon and Yamaha.

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

So the reviews and price intrigue you but you need to hear from someone else to push you over the edge? What're you going to do if you buy them and you don't like them?

8. xAbre1200

Yes, that is what I am afraid of. But it looks like they give me a few days to try them out first. If i dont like them im sure I can just ship it right back...... but I doubt they'll refund my 129.00 shipping thou..

9. MiguelP

MiguelP Stunt Coordinator

Seth is right I take it back, most speakers are 6.1 or 7.1 and I almost forgot that you can setup a number of speakers you want in some recievers though.. not all of them,but some.

6.1 setup is 3 speakers in the back, 3 in the front and a subwoofer.

10. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I too want to find out about these speakers. I love Klipsch new reference line. I had a set of RF-82's and and the RC-62. I was blown away by them. I actually ended up taking them back though because I couldn't justify spending $1500 at that point in time. Got the SVS SB-01 fronts instead, which I am very impressed with for the price. I still want to go back to towers and horns and for the price and what I have read, these Bic's are an outstanding value.

11. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

12. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

13. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

The first link did not work but here is the companies main website in which there is a link to the review that I was trying to post.

14. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

15. xAbre1200

Yes, an outstanding value, but do they perform as well as they say they do? Better than Klipsch for a fraction of the price...... i think not

16. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Quote- "Yes, an outstanding value, but do they perform as well as they say they do? Better than Klipsch for a fraction of the price...... i think not"

How do you know? Have you heard them yet, or are you just going off of assumptions because of price? After all, something that inexpensive just can't compete with higher priced speakers. Cough...cough.

Has anyone here ever heard of SVS? [​IMG]

17. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Well, there are several forums full of anecdotal evidence supporting SVS in addition to LOTS of great reviews.

This particular speaker package has less than a handful of very good reviews . . . very possibly by people who are being paid (through sponsorships or otherwise) to do the review.

Perhaps the completely destroy the Klipsch Reference line, but I don't think there's enough evidence to really support that yet and without them being in many (or any?) stores it will be pretty difficult to get many good comparisons.

18. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I was kidding Seth.
    I have the SBS-01 speaker system which is an incredible value to performance. Quite possibly the best value speaker system out there. That I have heard so far. I am anxiously awaiting the mid tower system from them. Is this a sickness, I had a dream last night that I logged up to SVS's website and there it was, all the pictures and specs on the new mid tower set. I think I have speakers on my mind way too much.

19. xAbre1200

Hello? What about the BIC Acoustech? What AWG Speaker Wire do you recommend me get for it?

20. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Justin

Go to Home Depot and get 100 feet of 16 gauge lamp cord. I prefer white, but you might like brown.