What's new

What do you all think of this statement?? Pioneer Elite (1 Viewer)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Well,..heck.

I'm new to all this, and have been trying to learn as much as I can in a short amount of time. Just doesn't seem to be enough these days. Anyway, I stopped into a local Bigscreen only store today to ask if they still sold Pioneer. Last I knew they were not. Turns out they do. None on the floor, but I was told, no problem, new sets are now available, and were rated one of the best in one of the HT mags last month. Great! During a short conversation,..the Elite's came up. I was told, the rep. said, the Elites have the same electronics as the SD sets, andf the only difference is the fancy case.

Anybody in the know???

Thanks >>>--->

Ps,..this one is killing me. There is a huge price difference.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The lenticular screen has a lower dot pitch on the Elites so they can theoretically show more detail. (not the case in reality though)

The linedoubler is also slightly improved in the Elites.

Regards

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
The new Elite sets also use a different lens system for increased side and corner focus. The difference from the 10 series Elite models is dramatic in this respect. It's not just the glossy finish. ;)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I think the man was going for the kill. Either that, or the rep was full of bull, and was trying to pull the wool over the dealers eyes.

Thanks,...>>>--->

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks