What's new

What do u think will be the #1 selling title during the Oct-Dec Christmas season? (1 Viewer)

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
My pics are:
1) Shrek
2) The Grinch
3)Star Wars
not sure about the rest, but heres a guess for the rest of the top 10.
4)Snow White
5)Rush Hour 2
6)Planet of the Apes
7)Mummy Returns
8)Jurassic Park 3
9)Tomb Raider
10)Pearl Harbor
BTW is there a site that lists an up to date list of the top selling DVD's of all time??
Or is there any way we will be able to find out if mine or anyone else's picks are correct on these lists??

Adam_H

Auditioning
My prediction:
Top selling DVD from Oct. - Dec. is...
"Episode 1: The Phantom Menace"
# 2... "Star Trak: The Motion Picture"
# 3... "Shrek"
----
But then again, I'm just a dvd sales analyst for the national dvd committee,what do I know...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am a nobody, but I am quite sure that ST:TMP does not have a chance of beating Shrek. The market for Shrek is much larger. But I could be wrong...
Take care,
Chuck

Greg Risley

Second Unit
I think Snow White is going to surprise. I know for fact that my mother who has never purchased a dvd but knows alot of people in my family have dvd players and she is going to pick up several copies becuase this is a can't go wrong purchase for a gift. The grandmother factor is going to come into play and she is going to think "I'll get it for the grandkids but thier daddy is going to also like this dvd."
Oh and Star Wars of coarse.
Greg

Rollo Lee

Agent
#1 Gunmen starring Christopher Lambert & Mario Van Peebles
#2 Operation Delta Force IV starring nobody you know
#3 Operation Dumbo Drop
#4 Britney Spears/N'Sync home movie DVD
Seriously though, my guess is that Episode I, Rush Hour 2 and Shrek are going to kick ass. I don't feel that anything else has the same level of excitement around it (though I'm sure Pearl Harbor, Tomb Raider, JP3 and the like will also sell well).
------------------
"Who was that guy?"
"Your momma! Now shut up and drag me to work!"
- Fry and Bender, 'Futurama'

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2. Episode 1: The Phanton Menace
3. Shrek
4. Rush Hour 2
5. The Grinch
My money is on Snow White for #1 simply because I think it appeals to the largest demographic... I am almost 18 and am buying it, I know that lots of you guys are older than me and are buying it... and parents will get it for their kids to watch... I think that its sales will be a pleasant surprise.
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
My money is on Shrek, then Star Wars, then Snow White.
I have never seen DVD advertising like I've seen for Snow White, billboards, commercials, bus ads, pre-orders at Best Buy, etc...

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Phantom Menace
Shrek
Snow White
I'd place the Grinch over Snow White but people are starting to wise up to Disney's moratorium practices and with the undegradeability(is that a word?) of DVD more will buy than with VHS. Single 20 somethings will be looking to start a library for the future kids and this one will be a great start.
If you single 20 somethings aren't thinking ahead, well, think ahead...
wink.gif
This will be unavailable after a year or so.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I am thinking ahead....
I envision my kids watching Toy Story, The Iron Giant, Die Hard, Chicken Run, and The Neverending Story. For some reason I can't envision any offspring of mine enjoying Snow White.
wink.gif

I might enjoy it now though. (Well, don't know haven't seen it in a long time.)
Anyway,
My bet for the biggest seller goes to Shrek, with Star Wars, Monty Python and the Holy Grail Special Edition, and The Grinch being other big sellers.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Episode 1
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
# 2... "Star Trak: The Motion Picture"
I'd be surprised to see that clunker in the top ten. Number two? If it places that high, I'll eat a bug...
What do you say we all chip in an buy a copy each! Come on, we can do it!
biggrin.gif

Sorry to be so unoriginal, but I'm guessing
TPM
Shrek
JP3
Snow white
------------------
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Without a doubt Episode 1: The Phanton Menace.
Not a good movie, but it is Star Wars!!
LL cool B

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Bad Taste Ok so it won't be, but it should. Everyone should own a copy of Bad Taste. Exploding sheep are way cooler than Gungans or Dwarfs.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...24
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll go with The Phantom Menace.
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks