What's new

what do these specs mean? (1 Viewer)

Paul Campione

Auditioning
I was looking to upgrade to the yamaha RVX 1300 receiver and wanted to know what some of the specs meant.

-powerfull 32-bit cinema DSP
-192/KHz/24-bit DACs for all chanels
-2 chanel downmixing

Thanks verry much!!!

Lee M T

Second Unit
I'm not sure what Down Mixing means.

Really couldn't get technical with you about the DAC's either. Those are the Digital To Analog Converters. Basically, the higher the number the better. Most receivers are 96Khz. 192Khz is very good and is featured on higher end receivers, like this one. :)

32-Bit DSP is the digital signal processor. It'll be processing and sending the surround sound information to the speakers. The higher the bit the better, but that can be deceiving too. I'd rather have a good 32-Bit processor than a bad 48-Bit processor. You get the idea.

This particular model you speak of is of high quality. I own a Yammie myself, not this one though. hehe...You may want to investigate the V1400 as Jamie said, but if you find a good deal on this model, I can't blame you for taking it.

Good Luck,
Lee

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would surmise that 2-channel downmixing is when it takes a multi-channel source input (i.e. 5 channels of audio) and mixes them for use in a 2-speaker-only setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks