What's new

What Do Other Houstonians and Everyone Else Think Of Reliant Stadium? (1 Viewer)

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen Reliant Stadium going up for the last two years, but didn't pay it too much attention. Now It's completed and ready to go. This morning the Houston Chronicle released a Special Edition concerning the design and finished product of the Stadium and what it looks like inside. Everyone who doesn't live in Houston, or Southeast Texas can see it here: http://www.chron.com/content/chronic...ant/index.html
I must say it looks very impressive, and will be the location of The Super Bowl in 2004, and POSSIBLY the location of the 2012 Summer Olympics.
What does everyone else think?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The front looks a little too much like an office building. The exterior design seems a litte too vanilla, but from what I've seen, the interior looks pretty sweet.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Haven't been there yet, but it sure looks pretty sweet! On another note, I'm not crazy about the baseball stadium getting the Minute Maid Field moniker. However, it sure is better than Gallery Furniture Field...I'm really glad that didn't happen. Non-Houstonians will never understand the horror that is Mattress Mac and Gallery Furniture...

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
Then Jason you'll horrified to know that the Southeast entrance to the Reliant Stadium is refered to as "The Gallery Furniture Entrance". The other three are named Ford Entrance, Miller Lite Entrance, and Coca Cola Entrance.
Enron Field was a good name, but we couldn't end up calling it Bankruptcy Field now could we? I agree Minute Maid Park is a terrible name. I prefer the name they used between the deal when it was Astros Field, and despite its new name I still refer to it as Astros Field and no one seems to mind. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks