What do members think of Led Zep's Mothership CD?

Lee Scoggins

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lee
Just curious what people think of the sound.

Thanks.

Lee Scoggins

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lee
No one buy this yet?

Kevin C Brown

Producer
Reaction score
Why buy it?
Any real Zeppelin fan would already have the original CDs, and know that the originals sound a little bit better than even the '94 remasters.

But see, I know why you're asking Lee.
Some reports over at SHF's that the mastering of this guy is pretty darn good. I might bite if they did all the individual CDs, but why would I bite for a greatest hits package? Do the originals, and I'd get Houses of the Holy (which IMO, the original is one of the best mastered CDs out there period), and then I'd compare.

Joseph J.D

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I already have 'The Complete Recordings' Box.......and what a great set it is. I'm pretty much done with my Led Zeppelin collection....well, there is that 'The Song Remains The Same' remastered CD coming out this Tuesday - I'll be picking that up, then I'll be done.

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I have the original CD releases. I wouldn't mind updating my collection if they released the albums with superior sound and packaging. I want the III wheel and the Graffiti picture windows.

Lee Scoggins

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lee

I have III on Classic Records vinyl which is OOP recently. Sounds good considering a mediocre recording.

Ron Reda

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Haven't bought it as I just bought all of the individual CDs from Yourmusic.com for $7 a piece ($14 for double CDs). That being said, if they were ever released on a high res format, I'd easily double dip.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanchibrneha