What do I use to clean the screen on a Sony Trinitron 36in. Flat Screen?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Ben_Brown, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Ben_Brown

Ben_Brown Auditioning

I just bought this TV 3 days ago and when I was setting it on the stand I put some hand prints on the top of the screen. I know my computer monitor witch is a Sony Trinitron Flat Screen also, can only be cleaned with and wet paper towle and then dried, no soap or windex can be used because of somekind on coating on the top layer of the sceen to help with glare. My question is does me TV have this also? What can I use or not use to clean it? Thanks

2. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

You can get some monitor cleaning solution to clean the screen. Make sure you get one made for anti-glare coatings. Also, use a soft lint free cloth. Paper towel can scratch the screen. Here the one I use to clean my monitor and 24" in toshiba flatscreen.

http://www.kensington.com/html/1081.html

3. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

I have a Loewe 32" DVTV, on which I have tried almost every suggestion with no complete success. Paper towels, wet cotton clothes, dry, wet, distilled water, nondistilled water, etc. I hsven't been able to get rid of the streaks. They are good for removing the dust but they all leave streaks. This was all till yesterday, when I bought a pack of Scotch Brite microfiber cleaning pads. They are great for cleaning screens. Two in a pack, use one wet and one dry. They are washable and reusable. No streaks or stains, they do not leave anything on the screen. Perfect.

4. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

5. Jeremy Tebo

Jeremy Tebo Stunt Coordinator

I've been using moist paper towels to clean my 36" Wega, but now maybe I'll look into getting something better. They work pretty well, but I don't want to hurt my baby. Those big tubes sure do collect dust fast, don't they?

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Do NOT use paper towels. As mentioned, they can scratch the glass. Use only soft cloths, preferably of fine-enough grade to clean eyeglasses. Distilled water and mild detergent will be your medium. Or, also as mentioned, a cleaning fluid intended for cleaning eyeglasses or computer monitors. You do not want to ruin the anti-glare coating on the screen. Nor scratch it.

7. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

"This was all till yesterday, when I bought a pack of Scotch Brite microfiber cleaning pads. They are great for cleaning screens. Two in a pack, use one wet and one dry. They are washable and reusable. No streaks or stains, they do not leave anything on the screen. Perfect. "

I was wondering if that stuff would scratch the screen. I'm thinking it just might. I'd be careful with those pads.

8. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

i might try kleenex to clean my screen

9. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Kleenex might be a pain because it has a lot of loose fiber and lint in it. Try to find a soft, non-abrasive, lint-free cloth.

10. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Oops, I meant lint instead of dust. I corrected it. :b

11. KevinJ

KevinJ Supporting Actor

btw i've used paper towel on my tvs for years with no scratches[that i can see]