what do i need

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gene avallon, Jul 14, 2001.

1. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

i have the 6000 hdtv receiver with off air with only one dish what do i need to get hdtv from hbo
    thanks
    gene

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You need an 18" dish pointed at the satellite positioned 61.5 degrees. You will also need switch(es) and that depends on the type of dish you have now. I assume it is a Dish500.
    If it has a Twin LNB (two LNB's in one case with two coax connections), you need an SW21 switch for each receiver (limit 2).
    If it has two separate LNB's each with two coax connections, then there are more options. If you already have SW21 switches combining your LNB's, then an SW44 is the cheapest way to go. Four receivers total here with two getting signals from all three LNB's and two getting the signal you have now. A more expensive option is an SW64 which will combine the signal from all three LNB's and send it to four receivers.
    When you decide on what you need I'll be happy to post the instructions on cascading switches.
    -Robert