What do I need to receive HDTV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DonnyD, Jan 10, 2005.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

My current tv is a Toshiba HDTV ready model and I have Direct TV/Tivo...... but I want to watch the HD programming that is available over the air or any other that is available. Do I need a set-top-box to decode the OTA signals or simply hook up an an HD antenna?
    Also, when various stations are advertising their HD signals and display some segments, those examples are superb and VERY detailed and clear....why won't they continue or is that a subscription deal?

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

You need an antennae and set top box to receive OTA HD signal and pass it to the t.v. Walmart has a box on line for about 130.00 bucks I beleive and the antennae you can get from any electronic store. As to the antennae there's a site that I don't have on hand that tells you based on your area what antenna you need for your area.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
  4. dany

dany Supporting Actor

Other then ota antenna ,you'll pay.

5. Morgan_

Morgan_ Stunt Coordinator

I've had adelphia cable for alot of years, they started offering HDTV channels, so I signed up for the xtra service. Have a motorola set top box that has lots of inputs/outputs, optical audio-componant video outs, for an extra $7 on top of my already huge cable bill(internet too), but MAN is it worth it!! Have it hooked up to my panasonic 51"hdtv and the picture is amazing. NFL games are like seeing them in first person, like your there.