1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

What do I need to receive HDTV signals

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Iseman, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Steve Iseman

Steve Iseman Agent

I've been reading about this stuff, but I'm still sort of confused as to what I need. I purchased the Mitsubishi 65819 earlier this year. I've enjoyed watching DVD's and playing games on it. Now I want to be able to take full advantage of my TV. Is an HDTV Tuner required to receive HDTV signals?

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    After looking up some info on your TV, it does not include a digital tuner like some other Mitsu models. Yes you need an HDTV receiver of some type. You will also need an antenna for OTA and possibly a satellite dish if you want HD over sat. Some cable companies are offering HD over digital cable and that requires a special HD cable box. You don't list your location so we can't really know what is available in your area.

-Robert

3. Steve Iseman

Steve Iseman Agent

I live in the Quad Cities. More specifically Moline, Illinois.

4. VinT

VinT Agent

You can buy an HDTV tuner to recieve free over-the-air signals from the major broadcasters. Some HDTV channels like Discovery HD are available through dish service, which you need to pay for.