What's new

What do I do with Yugoslavia currency? (1 Viewer)

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
I was sifting through some stuff and came across some old currency from Yugoslavia. It's about 430,000 dinara and probably was worth only a few dollars when it was active. But since the old Yugoslavia is no more, does anyone here know if I can sell them? Your help is appreciated.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
keep them in your bathroom in case you run out of toilet paper? seriously, call your local bank and see if they can give you some advice or tell you where you could possibly exchange them. me, i'd keep them in my bathroom if for nothing more than interesting conversation with guest.

kevin t

Devin U

Second Unit
your best bet would be trying to sell it, maybe to a coin shop or ebay or something. I wouldnt even bother with a bank. Especialy if the currency is dead. I used to work as a teller for one of the largest banks in the country, and most banks dont even do currency exchange anymore. What we did was give people a brochure for American Express currency services. After sending the currency registered mail, and after fees, you would only get back about half of what it was worth.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Buy a used Yugo with it!
There's a fast one out there

True story... I recently took a business trip to Germany. I spent some time on the Autobahn. I'm cruising from Munich to Regensburg in my lovely C180 Kompressor (6-speed manual) rental at about 160kph (about 100mph), in the right lane. This tiny car named "M****" (I didn't catch it) passes me on the left at a good 20kph faster. It was unmistakably a YUGO! It was, at once, both embarrassing and unbelievably funny. I can only imagine what it must sound like inside that car at that speed.:D

Todd

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
No joke. Small cars are funny when they go that fast. A good friend who works for local police just about wet herself when reading an officer's report of a high speed persuit of a Festiva with speeds in excess of 100mph!!! Maybe you can't polish a turd, but they'll fly with enough grease. :laugh:

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, how many horsepower does it take to move a 75 pound car at 100 plus MPH. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks