What do Edward Norton and National Geographic have in common?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by PaulP, Apr 29, 2005.

1. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Well, "Strange Days on Planet Earth", of course! I only just stumbled upon this and this looks really interesting, especially if you're an Edward Norton fan.

[​IMG]

Amazon has it for $26.24 and DeepDiscountDVD has it for a ridiculous $16.79.

Here's a site about the series: http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/index_flash.html

Edward-Norton.org has this about it:

2. David Jay

David Jay Stunt Coordinator

Wow, I'm a big Norton fan, and I didn't even know this existed. I think I'm going to pick it up at the DDD sale, it sounds really cool. Thanks for showing this, Paul! [​IMG]

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    This sounds damn cool! Thanks for the heads up!

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

There is more about this on Edward-Norton.org, including an interview with Ed that's apparently included in the PBS press-kit, where he talks about the environment and his involvement in this documentary. Ed and his brother have formed a company that actually seems to have produced this series.

5. Fredster

Fredster Stunt Coordinator

I've seen 2 episodes on the local PBS. It's pretty good stuff if a bit sensational - like a cross between "Nova" and "Ripley's Believe it or Not". I'll take my science any way I can get it I guess. The real question might be how much of this is science and how much is just wild speculation. The style doesn't give me a lot of comfort that the science is completely sound.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Gentlemen, since this is a PBS presentation — which is currently airing on the network (check local listings) — it makes much more since that this thread be located in Software/TV Shows, eh?