What's new

What Disney titles go OOP this month? (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I haven't read anything to suggest that
Dinosaur is going out of print,
and it is not the kind of title that would, being
is in not part of Disney's "Classic Animation" collection.
(And, they still have released a "glich-free" collector's
edition, which they promised months and months ago.)
Also, I was lead to believe ALL versions of
Tarzan were going out of print.
Mark

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the correction Daniel. So you can still get the single disc issue and I am sure that a lot of stores will still have the collector's edition of Tarzan since the MSRP is still a bit high for that one.

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
Just remember folks:

Besides the Platinum and Gold collection there are other nameless collections that Disney has created to re-release their DVDs.

Peter Pan will now fall under the "Special Edition" label (formerly as "Limited Edition" only title, go figure).

Then you have the "Disney Treasures" series.

There is also the "Collector's Edition" like Dinosaur and Emperor's New Groove usually reserved for newer movies.

And there is the Dumbo "Anniversary Edition" release.

Believe me, if Disney wants to bring ANY of their titles out of the vault to make a quick buck they will find a way (and a label) to do so. That said, if you want Mulan/Pinnochio/Tarzan CE/Snow White then I suggest you pick them up now.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
There is an advertisement
with pictures in the larger print
version of TVGuide (this week),
and it clearly shows the
NON-CE VERSION OF TARZAN
is also going Out-of-Print.
So, there is every reason to believe
BOTH versions of Tarzan will be going
into moratorium.
Mark

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
I'm just sooo...:confused:
However, recalling that I once sold my VHS copy of Little Mermaid for $200, I think I might have to stash an extra copy of SW.
Poll ("simulated" since I know how we feel about polls in the Software section!) question: In ten years, in WHAT format will SW emerge from moratorium? :D

Tyler T

Stunt Coordinator
I will try to pick up Snow White as soon as I can. I hated Mulan and really did not like Tarzan , but I am getting to be a nut for these Disney "collector's edition's" and may pick that one up as well. Something tells me that Pincohcio will be re-released some time in the next few years, so I wil propmtly hold that off too. I really hope this "in-demand" thing will pass for Disney. My collection needs to be built! All I have are old worn out VHS and LD's (stored away somewhere) of most of the films. I even have the original version of the Little Mermaid with the contreversial cover! :b
But, I hope Disney does not clear off any other titles. How can I make an extra $200 anyway from buying that big box with all the special editions?
OK I need to stop talking to myself...NOW

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Looks like I better get Tarzan Collectors Ed by the 31st.
DVDfile.com just confirmed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks