What's new

What did you get for XMAS/Whatever The Holiday ? (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
Though I was toooo busy to listen to everything, for me it was....

four Jethro Tull remastered, Japanese mini-lp's..."This Was", "Stand Up", "Thick As A Brick", "Benefit"...

T-Rex remastered Japanese mini-lp "Electronic Warrior"...

awesome blistering sound, "Jeepster", especially sounds so different from the original issue. I remember holding out for the UK LP issue of this release, and was surprised to find ALL of the original inserts, right down to the poster, the picture label and the unique reproduction of the original LP inner sleeve. AMAZING !!!!

Velvet Underground Japanese mini-lp "1969"...it's worth it just for the unique versions of "New Age", "Lisa Says" and "Sweet Jane". We ignored it the first time around, and it was screwed up on it's initial US, 2 separate CD with cheesy insert issue, so give it a chance while it's still available in this version

Various Artists "Good Rockin' Tonight"...I didn't get it for McCartney's warmed-over, insincere reading...yes, it's that soulless...of "That's All Right" but for Robert Plant and Jimmy Page's "My Bucket's Got A Hole In It". Truly revelatory performances from EVERYONE involved !

Herbie Hancock "Mwandishi" import...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks