What's new

What did the bounty hunter say exactly in Empire Strikes Back? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
When I was watching ESB the other night, Vader was talking to the bounty hunters aboard a Star Destroyer. A captain (below) make a statement to the effect, "bounty hunters - we don't need that scum." Then, standing above, a yellowish, lizard looking bounty hunter whose name I think is "Bossk" said something to the admiral. What is it he said? I couldn't make it out - no matter how many times I listened to it. Maybe it wasn't English.
movie_sm.jpg

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The actor playing Bossk dutifully tried to speak his line but phlegm from the cream in his morning coffee made him flub it and so he growled instead. Rather than waste precious time on a re-take for what what essentially a throwaway scene, director Irvin Kirshner decided to leave it in.

True lie!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Yes, his name is Bossk and no, he did not say anything; just growled at the captain and his lame remark.

UPDATE: I watched the subtitles on my DVD and it is translated to:

Captain: "Bounty Hunters - We don't need that scum."

Peon: "Yes sir"

Bossk (english translation): "That's not what your wife said to me in bed this morning."

That's why the captain runs off... to find his wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks