What's new

What did Santa bring everyone? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Hmmm... let's see
A CD burner
Assorted gift certificates (everything from Applebees to Staples)
A Fry Daddy(kick ass, now I can make my own cheddar cheese nuggets)
The biggest, baddest skillet I've ever seen (kick ass once again)
What can I say, I have thing for kitchen utensils.:)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Steve,
A PC game called "Sheep"? Let's get you someone fast! ;)
Let's see... As for me, I got $1000 in cash, some freshly-baked pasteries, and the opportunity to chill with my entire family. Personally, I bought myself a 21" Flat Panel LCD, 50 DVDs, 4 Bridgestone Blizzak tires for my 330i, 4 Kodak digital picture frames (they were on sale), a camel hair jacket, and a tripod.
What can I say, I spoil myself? :D ...because I'm worth it!

Mitty

Supporting Actor
A Fuji 2600 digital camera. Very cool. The big ticket item of the year and totally unexpected.
A set of Oneida knives with stainless steel handles, complete with big honkin' wood block. Also very cool, and the perfect "gift" as it's one of those things a guy would rarely buy for himself.
A bunch of cool little stuff, lots of candies, coffee, etc.
No DVDs though. People are afraid to buy me those, as I invariably have whatever they get me. :)

Gary_E

Second Unit
A long PING putter.

Two shirts.

A 3 Stooges desk calander.

A Beatles wall calander.

Nautica cologne.

A carrying case and LCD remote for Riovolt 250.

Oh yeah, and today, Wednesday the 26th, a day off from work.

-Gary

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Three DVDs (Casablanca, The Godfather set, and Davey & Goliath)

A Newton's Cradle

A book about the making of The Godfather

Best Buy gift certificate (to be used for PSX2 NHL 2002)

Assorted pajama bottoms

Assorted breath mints/dental floss/Listerine breath strips (c'mon, Santa...whattaya tryin' to tell me?)

A book on conjuring

A cool fleece shirt

and, best of all: the joy of watching my two girls open their gifts

Jon

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
A circular saw so I can start building my HT. And some beef sticks for sustenance.

There were other things.. but those were the highlights.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
A BC Rich Warlock electric guitar + Marshall amp... YEAH!!! I love my wife!! :)
Oh, and a DVD, a golf ball rack, a shirt, a Saint Lucia Christmas figurine, a CD, and a handmade handpainted glass.
It was a good Christmas(except for all the cooking and cleaning :)).
/micke

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Time with the wife and daughter was the best. Had a nice 4 days off work. Also landed:
* Premium annual pass for Disneyland and CA. Adventure.
* Bosch 3/4" corded hammer drill
* Best Buy gift card
* Moulin Rouge sound track CD
* A Shirt
* Misc. hand tools
* Borders gift card
* Linkin Park CD
* Cigars
Peace Out~:D

Chuck Parker

Agent
a pretty decent Christmas

-A fun little digital camera

-Moulin Rouge DVD

-a Sears gift card (power tools!!!)

-fresh baked bread for the forseeable future (courtesy of my wife's new bread making machine)

-seeing the wide eyed expression when my daughter found a really cool dollhouse under the tree

happy holidays!

chuck

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Today, I just got $150 more. So that brings my total count of money to: $540. $150 (awww) will be going into the bank (for later use... aka college and what not), so I'll have $390 to spend. If I haven't blown it all by Sunday evening, you will all end up being disappointed. :)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Thoroughly weak Christmas. I suppose it's my fault for not dropping any hints, but I find it easier to just buy things I want instead of waiting several months in the hope that they might be waiting under the tree.

I got:[*]Clothes (five shirts, one pair of Levi's blue jeans, two pairs of slacks, plus the usual socks and underwear)[*]New bedspread (sheets, comforter, pillow cases, etc.)[*]A 3-piece luggage set (I'm a shut-in, so the motivation to get me luggage is curious)[*]A pizza pan[*]Some really flimsy footrest thing[*]A $50 savings bond[/list]I bought:[*]Mother / Stepfather: DVDs (Children of the Corn, Halloween V, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness: Theatrical Cut, Blair Witch Project; $59.80 total with tax)[*]Father / Stepmother: DVDs (Suspiria, Halloween, Evil Dead II, Hellraiser, Blair Witch Project; $59.80 total)[*]Sister: DVDs (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, X-Men; $54.56)[*]Brother: Cheap stuffed teddy bear ($5.24)[*]Aunt / Uncle: Pearl Harbor DVD ($16.06)[*]Uncle: Monty Python & The Holy Grail: Special Edition DVD (regift; $0)[*]Grandfather: Telezapper ($52.49)[*]Grandmother: ConAir paraffin bath thing/ConAir infrawhatever massager ($41.90)[*]Old Friend Of Mine: 4 Atari Lynx games (around $17)[/list]I spent less than I was expecting, but I still probably wound up spending more than I ended up getting. I know that's not the point of the holidays, but whatever... I don't mind seeing my family over Christmas (though I'd rather stay here), but I'd really prefer to not give/receive gifts.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Made out pretty good, especially with my wedding rolling around in 2.5 weeks:)
Two cool sweaters
Three cool shirts
Three cool slacks/pants
(Cool is subjective, I know)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Forrest Gump DVD
Gift Certs: Lowe's - $150, Best Buy - $25, CC - $100
Cordless Drill
Pictorial History of Pearl Harbor
Forrest Gump DVD
Socks
A very nice Kodak digicam with docking cradle
Some cool-ass miniature figures from Games Workshop for LOTR - specifically the Cave Troll:D
And of course, time with those I love. Great stuff.
My best to you and yours,
Chuck

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
new floorstanding heavy bag
wireless mouse and keyboard(now I can control everything from the couch:D )
a bunch of other stuff
and my first christmass being married

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why I spend money on some of my hometown friends because I've being able to turn $250 worth of stuff given to them into $30 in return (a Shrek DVD and a 20-disc wallet). Pretty sad, huh? Next year, no more mr. nice guy!

From my other set of in-town friends, I got tons of Amazon $$$ gift certificates, and a Jar Jar Binks ornament for the non-existent Christmas tree (true!), a nice coat/jacket, a kitty calendar, some $$$ and clothes from the parents (I gave them a PC that's light years faster than what they have), and gave away plenty of DVDs to my friends.

To my officemates, I got each one of them their own copy of the Office Space DVD (just so they'd be up on the absurdity of Office life when I make a reference to that wonderful movie).

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Lessee I got:
DVDs
Swordfish
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Dumb & Dumber
Moscow On The Hudson
And $350.00.
Just bought a new Viewsonic 17" A72f flatscreen CRT monitor with my money. And I now have $100.00 left. Hmmmm...what should I spend it on? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks