What's new

What did Q.G. Jinn say? (1 Viewer)

ace peterson

Second Unit
I always wonder what Qui Gonn says at the beginning of TPM when the gas starts blowing into the chamber. What does he say? It sounds like 'dioxx' or something.
And that still amazes me what he says later when he introduces himself to Anakin's mother. "I'm Qui Gonn Jinn." Then he says something that sounds just like Anakin's next line, "I'm building a droid." "Your son was kind enough to offer us shelter." That's the goofiest thing. Did anyone ever decide what that was for sure?

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I think the weirdest line from Episode 1 is when QGJ puts Jar Jar to sleep in the underwater transport and Obi-Wan says, "You over did it." Over did what? Put him to sleep? Why? TELL ME! sorry, I need medicine.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

David Ely

Supporting Actor
Brad,
I believe that Qui-Gon uses the force on Jar-Jar to calm him down. Instead of just calming him down, QGJ nearly made Jar-Jar pass out.

Michael_UK

Stunt Coordinator
It is Aankin not Qui Gon that says "Im building a droid, wanna see" to Princess A.
Qui Gon says "DIOXIS" when the gas is comming in at the start of the film.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
I had to check the subtitles the last time I saw TPM (I hadn't seen it in about a year and a half) during the underwater city scenes.
It sounds like Neeson says "And speeders on their way."
What he really says, according to the subtitles, is "Then speed us on our way..."
Weird... I never get that he's trying to mind-trick Boss Nass.

ace peterson

Second Unit
Luckily for us we have administrators. *Bonk* why didn't I think to check the subtitles?? I'll have to do that when I get home.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
And that still amazes me what he says later when he introduces himself to Anakin's mother. "I'm Qui Gonn Jinn." Then he says something that sounds just like Anakin's next line, "I'm building a droid." "Your son was kind enough to offer us shelter." That's the goofiest thing. Did anyone ever decide what that was for sure?

Weird. I never noticed that before. It's like Liam had another line there, but Jake screwed up and they never did anything to fix it (like remove Liam's voice and edit in a head from another shot where his lips aren't moving). It sounds to me like he was trying to introduce Jar Jar.
------------------

mark_d

Second Unit
He's explaining that he could have saved five more lives if he'd sold his lightsaber. Ten more lives if he sold R2D2.
confused.gif

Mark

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Mark, it's a reference to 'Shindler's List'.
You wanna hear something REALLY funny, check out the scene on Corascant when Anakin says to Qui Gon on the landing platform "Qui Gon sir, I don't wanna be a problem."
If you listen real close you can actually hear Qui Gon mumble under his breath "Well you are!"
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

mark_d

Second Unit
AHA! I've only seen Schindler's List once (way back when on it's theatrical release) but now it's expained I recognize the reference.
Do I look really stupid now?
Mark

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
quote: You wanna hear something REALLY funny, check out the scene on Corascant when Anakin says to Qui Gon on the landing platform "Qui Gon sir, I don't wanna be a problem."
If you listen real close you can actually hear Qui Gon mumble under his breath "Well you are!"
Maybe this is a joke and I'm the world's biggest rube, but I don't hear this at all. In fact, his reply is so quick there almost isn't any time for him to mumble anything. All I hear is:
"Qui Gon sir, I don't want to be a problem."
"You won't be, Ani."
[Edited last by Greg_S_H on November 13, 2001 at 01:54 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Made ya look!
laugh.gif

------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Rich E

Agent
when he puts Jar Jar to sleep I was always under the impression that it was a little reflection back to Star Trek and he was using the Spock grip---Probably not but there are allot of references to other science fiction films in tpm
------------------
Book em' Dano! Murder one . . . two counts!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
quote: Made ya look!
laugh.gif
Yeah, and you caused me to take out my Buck Rogers disc! Now, I have to sit through that damn VCI movie theater intro again!
angry.gif
biggrin.gif

[Edited last by Greg_S_H on November 13, 2001 at 01:56 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks