What's new

What did eveyone get for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Charlie Kaus

Agent
The wife and I just got done opening packages tonight and it got me thinking about what everyone got for Christmas. Between the wife and me we got: Homicide (complete series), Miami Vice, That 70's show seasons 2-4, Life goes on season 1, South Pacific 2 disc edition, King and I 2 disc edition, When the Levees Broke, Star Trek the annimated series, South Park seasons 6 and 7, Cars. Which was great but the absolute best thing was hearing from my family when they opened the gifts we gave them and the look on my wife's face tonight!

Charlie

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I won't open stuff until tomorrow, but I know for sure I got Alias: The Complete Series. I wrapped it myself. :D I'm thinking I also got Dungeons & Dragons: The Complete, but I don't know for sure.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
We had to do our Christmas early because the wife has to work on Christmas Day. Was pretty pleased with the loot - got Little Miss Sunshine, and The Wire Season 3.

Bought myself Double Life of Veronique and Pandora's Box right before Christmas. Family has a hard time finding Criterion dvd's in our area and I get tired of having to explain my tastes in films to them.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
A friend got me Kids, I bought myself The Sopranos - Season 6, Part 1 (the 50% off deal at Best Buy yesterday, was just too good to pass up) and I received Purple Rain (20th Anniversary Edition) from a co-worker.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
My daughter woke us all up at 5AM this morning... I just love having kids in the house on Christmas Morning! :P

Anyway... what we got between early Christmas presents and this morning...

Me:
- Blue Collar TV: Season 2 (Completes the Series)
- Vamps: 4 Vampire Movie Boxset
- Miracle on 34th Street
- It's a Wonderful Life
- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Dukes of Hazzard: Season 7 (Completes the Series)
- Roseanne: Halloween Edition (Replacement for a bad Copy I had)
- Lois and Clark: Season 4 (Completes the Series)

My Daughter Brittany:
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
- Cars
- Escape to Witch Mountain / Return from Witch Mountain
- Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus
- The Cheetah Girls
- The Cheetah Girls 2
- Twitches

and then we got my mother Hercules: The Legendary Journeys: Season 2.

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui
Mosst of these were from friends who just pick any old classic off the self knowing I will like it :)

Swamp Water
The Purple Heart
Classic War Stories Box Set (Twelve O'Clock High, The Longest Day, A Farewell To Arms, The Desert Rats, Sink The Bismark!)
Hitler's Henchmen Vol 1
Hitler's Henchmen Vol 2
Hitler's Medics
Amazing Ashes - Australia's Ashes Test victory against the Poms in Adelaide
Rank Classics War Box Set Vol II (A Town Like Alice, Operation Amsterdam, The Silver Fleet)

My gifts for myself because I simply couldn't resist whilst out Christmas Shopping:

Cape Fear
High Noon
Leave Her To Heaven
Big Battles of World War Two
Hitler's Warriors
Panzer - The Story of Hitler's Battle Tank
World War I - The Complete History

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got a couple of HD DVDs (Spy Game and Red Dragon), but what I really prize is the Red Swingline stapler I got from some co-workers. Sweetness!

I bought myself over a dozen HD DVDs during the buy.com GCO $20 off $50 bonus offer (gotta strike when the bargains show up).

I think I passed out over 60 DVDs to friends and co-workers (thinned out the collection, and picked up a lot of cheap $4-$6 DVDs from the Black Friday sales). I've always gotten a bigger kick out of giving than receiving.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I got The Twilight Zone... the definitive edition box set with all five seasons. However, it's still on backorder and I won't get it for another week or two. There's also the Turner Classic Movies edition of Scene-It, which looks promisiing.

Also, I bought Pandora's Box (Criterion) for my uncle (big fan of Louise Brooks and silent cinema in general) and... a possibly bootlegged VHS of the 1943 Holy Matrimony for my mother, which is a film she has wanted to see for 20 years. Kind of wish Fox had a legit DVD, since I imagine it won't look so hot. Although, it may just be a foreign tape. I'll be converting it to DVD-R, with some digital cleanup when I give her the copy, though.... it's weird that I haven't even purchased a VHS since 2000.

My grandmother gave me a ton of money to help out buying presents for my cousins (their mother just died from cancer). Ended up giving them Cars (widescreen), The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (widescreen), The Iron Giant (SE), The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy Box Set, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: 4-disc SE.

Charlie Kaus

Agent
My grandmother gave me a ton of money to help out buying presents for my cousins (their mother just died from cancer).

That's great. That's the true meaning of Christmas.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
It was mostly DVDs for me.

-------------

From my Aunt Janet's part of the family:

-"Magic"
-"Vice Squad"
-"The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" (The Warner 2-Disc edition)
-"The Thing" (The John Carpenter version...Anamorphic re-release)
-"Uncle Buck"
-"The Abyss" (Single-disc edition. I own the 2-Disc edition, so I asked them if I could donate this copy to my local library. They said yes.)

-----------------

From my mom:

-"Splash" (20th Anniversary Edition)
-"Moonstruck" (Deluxe Edition)
-"A Fish Called Wanda" (2-Disc Special Edition)
-"Chinatown"
-"All That Jazz"
-"Falling Down"
-"Gilbert Gottfried: Dirty Jokes"

------------------

I also recieved a turtleneck sweater from my Aunt Janet and a pair of expensive socks from one of my mom's friends.

Finally, my birthday was on the 22nd (I turned 24), and I got the following presents:

-From my mom, I got a DVD 2-pack of "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" and "Dazed And Confused".

-From my brother, I got the new "Weird" Al Yankovic album "Straight Outta Lynwood".

-From my Aunt Janet and Cousin Veronica, I got a 30 dollar gift certificate to the AMC Theater chain.

I still have my belated birthday party on Wednesday, so I'll hopefully be getting a few more presents on that day.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

It's been pretty good so far.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
The new Superman Ulimate Edition set, very thankful for my parents for this one!
Also, Criterion edition of Ran (will go well with the copy of The Warriors Camera by Stephen Prince that i also got), as well as the MGM Persona dvd (OAR be damned, I'd rather get all those extras and miss a tiny bit of picture info).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
24: Season 5
Superman II: 2-disc Special Edition
Superman II: Donner Cut
Superman: The Movie(HD-DVD)
Mission Impossible III(HD-DVD)
King Kong(HD-DVD)
The Eagles: Farewell Tour Live(HD-DVD)

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
Seven Samurai - 3 Disc Criterion Collection
King Kong (2005) Extended Edition
Forbidden Planet - Ultimate Collectors Edition
James Bond Ultimate Edition - Volume 1
Humphrey Bogart Signature Collection - Volume 2
Looney Tunes Golden Collection - Volume 4
Brazil - 3 Disc Criterion Collection
Hollywood Legends of Horror Collection
Charlie Chan Collection - Volume 2
Tarzan Collection - Volume 2
Astaire and Rogers - The Complete Film Collection
F Troop - Season 1
Hogan's Heroes - Season 5
Bewitched - Season 4
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season 2
M*A*S*H - Season 11

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I did quite well
James bond collections 1-4
Seinfeld season seven
Uncle buck
water world
and a slew of best buy gift cards.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Seinfeld S7
SNL S1
Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection

Was expecting Simpsons S9 but you can't win 'em all I guess. I'm happy with the ones I did get though. :)

DanFe

Second Unit
My wife gave me the Preston Sturges collection, my daughter gave me Addams Family Volume 1, and my son gave me Smallville Season 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks