What's new

What crimp handles are you guys using with the Canare die (TC-D-5CF)? (1 Viewer)

Phu Vo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys. I am going to take another stab at making DYI video cables. My last attempt was successful (functionality-wise), but since I did not have the right die, it was pretty ugly. Think of a tootsie roll or bow tie and you will get the picture of what the crimp looks like. I went to Graybar near my work to see if they had a pair of crimp handles that I could pick up, but the clerk said that I run the risk of buying handles that might not work with the Canare die. The Canare handles are around 75 bucks. More than I would like to spend. But Chris White's website states that a pair of $19 handles from partsexpress.com works with the die. And I notice others here that have said they use different handles still.

My question is, what handles are you guys using with the Canare TC-D-5CF die? Where did you buy them from and how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks